Credentialing Fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sushichopstickz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently left a practice after 2.5 years for a better opportunity elsewhere. Although my contract with the previous employer states that they will pay for all credentialing and licensing fee without mentioning of pro rata upon termination. My state license was renewed a few months before my departure. The practice is now requesting me to pro-rata the license fee for the future period despite my separation from the practice. Is this legal? It seems so petty!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently left a practice after 2.5 years for a better opportunity elsewhere. Although my contract with the previous employer states that they will pay for all credentialing and licensing fee without mentioning of pro rata upon termination. My state license was renewed a few months before my departure. The practice is now requesting me to pro-rata the license fee for the future period despite my separation from the practice. Is this legal? It seems so petty!

Legal to request yes. I would not and have never had to.

I spoke to my contract attorney and he also echoes the same sentiment. Ignore. Move on. That this unlikely to go to court given the fee is minimal <$1,000 and there’s no legal ground to coerce me to pay since I’ve already terminated my position and more importantly the contract does not outline pro rata.

Reactions: 2 users