Credit Hour Limits and the Informal Post Bacc

Started by connerm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

connerm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Thanks to advice from others I have decided to attempt to improve my u/sGPA by taking undergraduate courses at a university nearby over the next year or so until I can get it up to the point that I have a chance to get into a decent SMP. In order to do this in a decent time frame and show that I can handle it, I have to take a full course load. Unfortunately, said state school does not allow students who are not seeking a degree to take more than 11 hours at a time.

Would it be advisable to take some credits at a second institution? Is this even normally possible? I've never been dual enrolled before!

I also wanted some advice on what kinds of courses to take. As an undergraduate (and now) I am very strong in Biology, pretty decent in Physics, and not so great at Chemistry. Do I need to take chemistry courses or can I just load up on upper level biology?