Credits Short for Graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhyNeedAName

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I love my school's undergraduate academic advising....

I had my Senior audit last summer and was told I was on track to graduate. 2 weeks ago, I found out I'm missing 4 credits to graduate. I am now having 16 credits next semester (6 classes) with another 3 credits missing to take to get my BS degree. I can't afford to take another class because I can't pass 18 credits or else I'm paying $1000 for one extra credit. So, the 3 credits I'm missing is open electives, which I can take them at a community College at a cheaper price and (hopefully) transfer them to my institution. I can still walk the stage in May, but not get my BS degree until those 3 credits are in. Ok, here's my questions:

1) I can take one course over the summer, but will optometry schools have a problem with me taking a class right before entering?

2) idk if this is true, but since it's my last class to get a degree, would this mean I will have to get a degree with the community College like a transfer student?

3) how do I bring up such issue to schools I'm currently applying to? Would it make my application look bad?
 
I would contact the school you are attending bc some schools let you take classes even the summer before optometry school stars and others don’t