Credits Short for Graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhyNeedAName

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I love my school's undergraduate academic advising....

I had my Senior audit last summer and was told I was on track to graduate. 2 weeks ago, I found out I'm missing 4 credits to graduate. I am now having 16 credits next semester (6 classes) with another 3 credits missing to take to get my BS degree. I can't afford to take another class because I can't pass 18 credits or else I'm paying $1000 for one extra credit. So, the 3 credits I'm missing is open electives, which I can take them at a community College at a cheaper price and (hopefully) transfer them to my institution. I can still walk the stage in May, but not get my BS degree until those 3 credits are in. Ok, here's my questions:

1) I can take one course over the summer, but will optometry schools have a problem with me taking a class right before entering?

2) idk if this is true, but since it's my last class to get a degree, would this mean I will have to get a degree with the community College like a transfer student?

3) how do I bring up such issue to schools I'm currently applying to? Would it make my application look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact the school you are attending bc some schools let you take classes even the summer before optometry school stars and others don’t

Reactions: 1 user