Creighton Phx vs Quinnipiac (Please explain your reason for voting!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What would you do?

  • Creighton Phx

  • Quinnipiac

  • Results


Results are only viewable after voting.

Basalganglia4life

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so I am accepted to both Creighton Phx and Quinnipiac. I recently got off Quinnipiac's wl and am still waiting for aid. I am a bit of an older student that is married and planning on having a kid soon. That being said I am not planning on matching competitively and looking for a specialty with good work life balance. My wife also can work remotely and makes enough to cover cost of living. I am WL-ed for a whole bunch of other schools that I would probably chose over either Creighton for Netter (UCD, UCLA, UCR, Dartmouth, Mayo (MN), Rush), but I am mentally convincing myself those are Rs until proven otherwise 😂 between these two choices I am leaning Creighton but depending if Quinnipiac gives me aid I would definitely consider it. Please let me know if I am missing anything or should consider anything

Creighton Pros:
-Phoenix is a more vibrant and active city than Hamden
-closer to my wife's family in LA (5 hour drive)
-wouldnt need a car preclinical years
-has 9 affiliated residency programs
-brand new building in midtown Phx
-roation sites for clinical years are maximum of a 20 min drive
-2 level 1 trauma centers and a pediatric hospital as rotation sites
-went to admitted students day and the students were super nice and welcoming
cons
- ~74k in tuition per year (after insurance and various fees)
-hot AF in Phx
-While Phoenix is decent diverse and progressive AZ in general isn't
-H/P/F curriculum and not true pass fail
-has AOA

Quinnipiac Pros
-Small class size (~95 students)
-True P/f in preclinical and no AOA
-MeSH program sound like it could give me great early clinical experience
-4 year scholarly project required and facility is invested in helping you build up research
- Born up in CT, love the seasons and is slightly more progressive than AZ
- closer to my family in NJ and NC
cons
- ~66k per year in tuition and fees
- would need a car starting in preclinical for MeSH program
- No home hospital and rotation sites are a fair bit away ~40 min drive
- Hamden is a little isolated (although close-ish to New York and Boston)
 
Last edited: