Creighton supp. app. ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swolf

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on creighton's supplementary application, the last essay question says; "Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you."
My question is.... well haven't I said everything that there is to say. I mean, I don't want to sound pompous and what not. Let me know what you think!!! THANKS :D

Members don't see this ad.

p.s. My second part to that question is as follows; Is it not that big of a deal to leave this blank. I feel that I should put something, but I don't know what. Maybe I'm over analyzing this :scared:

swolf said:
My question is.... well haven't I said everything that there is to say.

I highly doubt it. Sure, you've filled in the boxes and they know your GPA, they have your transcripts, and they've read your essay...but is that REALLY you?

I know that all of that stuff wasn't even 1% of who I was when I applied--it was simply the necessary stuff.

In my opinion, that question is a marvelous opportunity to really make you stand out from the pack of applicants.

How did I answer that question? Like this: "I just finished reading Chaucer's
'The Canterbury Tales' for the third time, and find myself with an itch to mimic his work, with a modern time shift and a scene shift to Chicago."

Members don't see this ad :)
ItsGavinC said:
I highly doubt it. Sure, you've filled in the boxes and they know your GPA, they have your transcripts, and they've read your essay...but is that REALLY you?

I know that all of that stuff wasn't even 1% of who I was when I applied--it was simply the necessary stuff.

In my opinion, that question is a marvelous opportunity to really make you stand out from the pack of applicants.

How did I answer that question? Like this: "I just finished reading Chaucer's
'The Canterbury Tales' for the third time, and find myself with an itch to mimic his work, with a modern time shift and a scene shift to Chicago."

I have to agree with Gavin - this is THE best opportunity to show your stuff and make you stand out from the crowd. I know that when any secondary asked me this question, I indicated many facts that might have been part of my application, but they may have been scattered all over.. this was a nice opportunity of putting all those things that make me "special" into one place. Good luck!

wow, thanks again. SDN is a great thing :clap:

I was wondering if you could share some of the other questions that are on the secondary for CU... it would be much helpful... thanks.