Creighton University Distance P4 Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CUpharmD2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a P1 in the distance program and was wondering if a P4 or graduate of this program was able to work full-time while completing their rotations. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

40 hours / wk + 40++ hours / wk = insanity, burnout, etc. With all that is at risk, why would you? Bump it down. You can always work extra hours during the ~6 wks we get off during the year.

My wife is currently unemployed and I'm just trying to cover all my bases in the event that that is still the case. I know that it wouldn't be an ideal situation, but someone is going to have to support us for that year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did full time yr 1-3, but P4 I worked every other weekend....there was alot to prepare for some rotations, others not so much.

I did full time yr 1-3, but P4 I worked every other weekend....there was alot to prepare for some rotations, others not so much.

If you don't mind me asking, were you in a traditional program or Creighton's distance program when you worked full-time years 1-3? Just wondering if it is possible to work full-time in the distance program.

If you don't mind me asking, were you in a traditional program or Creighton's distance program when you worked full-time years 1-3? Just wondering if it is possible to work full-time in the distance program.

I am a P1 in the distance program and currently work full-time. It can be done by the right people in the right environment. If you get an interview, though, don't tell them that you'll be working full-time. They frown upon anything more than 10-15 hours a week.