Creighton University Distance P4 Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CUpharmD2013

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a P1 in the distance program and was wondering if a P4 or graduate of this program was able to work full-time while completing their rotations. Thanks.
 
40 hours / wk + 40++ hours / wk = insanity, burnout, etc. With all that is at risk, why would you? Bump it down. You can always work extra hours during the ~6 wks we get off during the year.
 
My wife is currently unemployed and I'm just trying to cover all my bases in the event that that is still the case. I know that it wouldn't be an ideal situation, but someone is going to have to support us for that year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did full time yr 1-3, but P4 I worked every other weekend....there was alot to prepare for some rotations, others not so much.
 
I did full time yr 1-3, but P4 I worked every other weekend....there was alot to prepare for some rotations, others not so much.

If you don't mind me asking, were you in a traditional program or Creighton's distance program when you worked full-time years 1-3? Just wondering if it is possible to work full-time in the distance program.
 
If you don't mind me asking, were you in a traditional program or Creighton's distance program when you worked full-time years 1-3? Just wondering if it is possible to work full-time in the distance program.

I am a P1 in the distance program and currently work full-time. It can be done by the right people in the right environment. If you get an interview, though, don't tell them that you'll be working full-time. They frown upon anything more than 10-15 hours a week.