Creighton University Post-Bacc 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopeandBelieve

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

Hope all is well!

Anyone apply to Creighton Post-Bacc? I submitted my application and waiting for a response.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when interview invites will be sent out?

Hey Duy,

Hope all is well!

Did you apply to the predental or premedical program? I heard that they usually send out premed interviews Feb 6th to the end of Feb and predentals much later but if you got an invite, keep me posted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello HopeandBelieve,

Where did you hear that they send out interviews Feb 6? I think last year they were sent out Feb 1.

Well last year they heard it February 1st but in 2010, it seems like the first notice was February 6th. Have you called them or emailed them? Im really surprised that you and I are the only ones on this forum :)

How many people will get interview invites? I'm so nervous. Not even sure if the invites have been sent out already.

I live in NE and have a friend who applied to this program. Word is that invites got slightly delayed because they extended the deadline for applications until the 21st of January for a few people with outstanding letters, including my friend. However, they began to make final reviews and decisions starting the 6th but have not sent them out yet. The statement was "Any day now they will start being sent out ( between the 6th and the 21st of Feb)." The 6th was the ideal date but because of the extended deadline things got held off. This is what I was told though, so it could be slightly off. I'm certain you both have a great shot at this. Creighton is awesome and this program is a hidden gem. I love Omaha btw, I lived there for a year after graduation. :)

Oncoloman! Thank you so much for a great reply! Please keep the forum updated if your friend got in. Thanks so much and hope the best for you!

i agree with Oncoloman...I visited Omaha and Creighton...i think it's is one of the best in NE...also voted #1 Regional University (US News and World Report)!

cool, no problem. if I hear anything ill let you know. im actually heading up to omaha this weekend. good luck guys:thumbup:

Still no invite :-( ....hopefully they'll send them next week unless they've already sent them out.

Well I haven't heard anything from my friend either but looking at past forums I'm almost certain someone would have posted news about an invitation. Dont give up hope yet my friend. :) They said anytime between the 6th and the 21st. Thats a large window of time. You could email them to put your mind at ease at bit. :)

Just got my interview invite today from Creighton! The interview is in March

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I haven't heard anything from my friend either but looking at past forums I'm almost certain someone would have posted news about an invitation. Dont give up hope yet my friend. :) They said anytime between the 6th and the 21st. Thats a large window of time. You could email them to put your mind at ease at bit. :)
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Congrats Duy!! You'll do great in the interview! BTW, did you hear about it through email or mail because I havent received an invite?

Good luck to everyone. I hope you guys are invited for an interview...

I called about the program a week ago about when the invites would be posted for the dental post bacc folks. They told me near the end of Feb. Are all of you medical cause I saw one person say they got an invite and if you are medical then that maybe why I haven't heard yet? I wonder if they do the medical first then the dental? Just tired of waiting :confused:...but I will keep on praying :).

Do a lot of folks apply to this program? Just wondering. I hope not, so we can get the spots in the medical and dental. :D

About 50-70 people apply each year. Only 15 receive interview invitations and 7 will ultimately get accepted. I hope that answers your questions.

I received an invite to this program. Last year 200 people applied and they sent out 19 interview invites for the pre med program alone. Are you sure they only invited 15 this year and that only 50-70 people applied this year?

Has anyone received an interview for the dental post bac?

I received an invite to this program. Last year 200 people applied and they sent out 19 interview invites for the pre med program alone. Are you sure they only invited 15 this year and that only 50-70 people applied this year?

Just spoke to someone from admissions who confirmed that this year 15 people have been invited for interview.

I received an invite for the dental post bacc. But I told them I wasn't going to do the interview, I got accepted somewhere else. They sent me an invite via snailmail (post office). I got it like 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they sent you an e-mail to take my spot. Goodluck!!!

Rejected, but the next day invited to interview at Creighton SOM....snap!

I got my acceptance letter on Monday in the mail. I would love to hear back from other students who got in so we could get in touch with each other.

I got my acceptance letter on Monday in the mail. I would love to hear back from other students who got in so we could get in touch with each other.

I received my acceptance letter this week. And I plan on going. You can PM me.

I received my acceptance letter this week. And I plan on going. You can PM me.

Hey sorry I couldn't figure out the PM option since I'm new to sdn. I would really like to get in touch with you and discuss further some of the program aspects. Please PM me :)

Hey sorry I couldn't figure out the PM option since I'm new to sdn. I would really like to get in touch with you and discuss further some of the program aspects. Please PM me :)
Are you going to attend the program? What are your thoughts?

Are you going to attend the program? What are your thoughts?

Yeah I think the program sounds pretty promising given the low mcat requirement ( 24) and guaranteed admission. Just not sure how attainable that 3.5 GPA will be...any thoughts??

Yeah I hear ya. Well, do you have any other options right now that may be a better choice? That's what I am trying to figure out for myself. I'm looking into other programs now.

I plan on attending Creighton this upcoming June, too; but I'm wondering: are we responsible for finding housing for the 8 weeks diagnostic session this summer? If so, can anyone share how/where you plan on looking?

Are any of the 7 accepted pre-med students not attending the program? Thanks!