Creighton web-based program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajh88

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really still on the pre-pharm forum, but I'm thinking of applying to Creighton's web-based program.

It sounds like a pretty great set-up, especially if you don't want to move to Omaha, but I read somewhere that you have to go to proctored exams in a different location. I searched through the Creighton site, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so I wondered if anyone here had any more information about that?

Any other pros/cons I should be considering while thinking of web-based Creighton?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ajh88 said:
I'm really still on the pre-pharm forum, but I'm thinking of applying to Creighton's web-based program.

It sounds like a pretty great set-up, especially if you don't want to move to Omaha, but I read somewhere that you have to go to proctored exams in a different location. I searched through the Creighton site, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so I wondered if anyone here had any more information about that?

Any other pros/cons I should be considering while thinking of web-based Creighton?

Thanks!
I am starting Creighton's web based program on Monday. They find you proctored sites within 30 miles of your house. Mine is at the local community college. I'm sure there are exceptions if there is nothing around, but from what we were told they really haven't had any problems.

ajh88 said:

Thanks!
Hi - when I interviewed with Creighton's web-based program, the current student who met with us did her proctored exams in her local public library ( she was in a more rural area of Georgia than Atlanta). The only thing that she had to say that I thought was negative about it was that some of the professors apparently give you a very small window of time to show up and do the exam (i.e. less than an 8 hour span). I was nervous that I could have childcare scheduling problems if I had to drive a long way in Atlanta traffic at a time not of my choosing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too was curious about how the proctor process would work and the timeframe that we would have to take our exams. I am looking at my exam schedule for the fall and it seems that we are being given at least a 24 hour window in order to take our exams. Some exams are open even longer. Maybe they made that change due to students expressing concern about only having an 8 hour window in order to take exams. The only slight catch is that Creighton suggest that you try and take your exams during the time that their support hotline will be available in case you encounter any technical difficulties while taking your exams at your proctor site. Their hours for the support hotline are standard business hours BUT Omaha is in the central time zone so you have to factor for that if you are not in that time zone.

graduated in 2005, first ever web based class.
at the time I lived in Omaha, so I went to the campus library or pharmacy office for my exams.