CREOG thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonperson

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not interested in hearing any specifics about the test of course.

Just wanted to see what ever thought about the test.

Took the test today as an intern. Not bad. Some tough questions but generally fair (No idea how I did) and the question stems were reasonable.

I feel it will be more manageable after having another year under my belt.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there were a lot of questions I wish I knew the answers to. Looking forward to the next 3 1/2 years of learning it all. Overall, fair. Still got worked over, but I'm only six months into training and kind of expected it.

Ya took it Saturday as an intern. Not horrible, but reminds me that I forgot alot of little things and need to pick up details on others... espcially majors and percentages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. I'm an anesthesiology resident; my GF is in Ob. Do you know of how to convert the three digit score into a percentile? Are percentiles even given?

Thanks in advance.

It's set up so that the mean is 200 with standard deviation of 20. I don't remember the exact cut-offs but a 220 (ie standard deviation of 1 above the mean) would put you at approximately the 80th%. But without detailed statistics that I don't remember how to do I don't know how to give a specific number.

It's set up so that the mean is 200 with standard deviation of 20. I don't remember the exact cut-offs but a 220 (ie standard deviation of 1 above the mean) would put you at approximately the 80th%. But without detailed statistics that I don't remember how to do I don't know how to give a specific number.

I believe program director's get a percentile table. Mine had shown us the table when explaining score results.

Mean 200. Standard dev 20.

220- 84.1%
210- 69.1
200- 50%
190- 30.9
180-15.9%

If you need any specifics (ie 207 etc), just post here and I can check.

CREOGS are really not much like the written boards but focus on little details. I did the best when I used PROLOGS to study.

My advice learn the compendiums and the red book and eventually take a review course (see my sticky for recommendations).

The ABC website does have a pretest to help gauge your weakness areas and focus a plan of study

PM me with any questions......

taking my board exam in a few weeks. From what I've heard CREOG is not like the written board.

Having topics summarized from uptodate and ob/gyn secrets along with prep course. Hope that will be good enough to PASS. =)