crest whitestrips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been using the CREST WHITE STRIPS. someone told me that his uncle is a dentist and told him the white strips are bad for you. Supposedly they eat away at your teeth enamel and they are very bad for your teeth in the long run. Is this true? Somebody, anybody, give me some insight please.

thanks,

tina

Members don't see this ad.

Tina,

Extensive amount of research has been done on this subject, however not neccessarly the Crest Whitening strips, but the whole whitening materials used and their effect on the teeth.
First of all if you are using the over the counter crest whitening strips, you shouldn't be too worried, because they are not too concentrated vs. the professional version which is like 3X more concentrated. I myself have tried the crest whitening strips, and find them to work pretty nicely...however...I can tell you that in some people their use leads to tooth "sensitivity". By this I mean your teeth in the area that you are applying the whitening strip will become sensitive to hot and cold or certaine foods/chemicals. However this sensitivity is not generally perminant, and will be reduced once your done with your strips.
Research has shown that bleeching materials actually do take small layers of your enamel (microns) and thats how you get that sensitivity. Generally if you are planing to do this strips one or 2 times a year, you should be ok, however doing this every month can damage your enamel.
Regards
Itsmoney!
:clap: