Crieghton (Phoenix) Vs. EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peanutbutter14

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am from the West Coast. EVMS is cheaper but to my knowledge Creighton is ranked higher? I do think I prefer EVMS location, although it will be farther from my support system. I need an objective opinion. Is ranking that significant if I want to match into a competitive specialty?
 
It helps to have a pros and cons list in the typical X v Y school format.

Yes, ranking does matter for competitive specialty. Creighton has quality matches into competitive programs from either of their campuses (I am personally not familiar with EVMS and their matching). Being on the West Coast for school will benefit you in terms of connections and cheaper cost for away rotations. Creighton has a pretty expansive network and utilize it well - they can get you connected with physicians in the field.

Good luck with the decision!