Criminal Background Check = Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted444768

From previous results on this site, I've heard that if you get a criminal background check e-mail from AMCAS, that you've been accepted to a school. Is this true? Do they also do this for those wait-listed or just for acceptances? Or is this only true after January?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what the AMCAS Instruction Manual states:

In support of this recommendation, the AAMC has initiated an AMCAS-facilitated National Background Check Service, through which Certiphi Screening, Inc. (a Vertical Screen® Company) will procure a national background report on Early Decision applicants at the point of acceptance and all other accepted applicants after January 1. In addition, beginning in May of each year, a national background report will be procured for a subset of applicants who are on a participating school's alternate list; medical schools will not receive such reports until the point of acceptance.

This is available at https://www.aamc.org/students/download/182162/data/amcas_instruction_manual.pdf

From previous results on this site, I've heard that if you get a criminal background check e-mail from AMCAS, that you've been accepted to a school. Is this true? Do they also do this for those wait-listed or just for acceptances? Or is this only true after January?

I think AMCAS sent it out to everyone these past couple of weeks. I don't think it means anything.

Edit: Nevermind, read the post above me.