Criminal Background Check Taking Forever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedchild

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my Criminal Background Check last Thursday and it's still not completed yet. My rooomate submitted his a day after mine and received his report back on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I'm completely clean but just wondering why it's taking so long....The neurotic side of me is starting to get worried....

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing.Submitted mine last Wednesday.

probably finding all those crimes you didnt report on AMCAS...

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe one of the districts that you have lived in is slow on reporting to certifi.

I requested a personal report last semester and it took several weeks bcos I put in different aliases (on some traffic cases, the courts reversed my name..) In such cases the basically duplicate the process for each alias.. Having international addresses increases the turnaround time.. around variable is your domestic addresses because in addition to national database searches, they request cbc reports from clerk of courts with jurisdiction over the various addresses u provided.. the courts have different turnaround times based on their backlogs...

In short, submission time is only ony variable there's other things that affect turnaround time..