Criminal Record Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Josiah Bennett

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, Here is my problem. I got a speeding ticket. I was issued a court date via mail. The court failed to mail me the court date. A few months passed by, and suddenly I was arrested for failure to appear in court. The bench warrant arrest was withdrawn and the fees taken care of, however, it remains on my record that I have been arrested. What would my chances be of getting accepted into medical school? If slim, should I expunge the bench warrant from my record? How would one go about doing that in the state of Georgia?
 
Many on this forum will tell you that you will be fine, and not to worry about such a minor charge. However, I am in a similar situation where I was charged with a minor misdemeanor charge. I feel like it is affecting the admissions decisions I have been receiving.
 
Get your record expunged. Getting a speeding ticket is not a big deal, but failing to take care of it responsibly can make you appear less competent. Make the problem go away.