criminal record?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who are in already....no open bottles by the patients and dont operate a highspeed drill after a few drinks... :laugh: :laugh: JK...

I believe that if you did something when you where a minor, that record is sealed and cant be open so no worries on that. Otherwise consult a lawyer and save your brain the hassle of pondering without a sure result.

good luck

Members don't see this ad.

In my future practice, each patient will be greeted with their choice of beer or other alcoholic drink..... you know, to take off the edge :)

so you don't have to disclose if it's not a misdemeanor or felony? (ie infraction or fines, not traffic) Personally i would disclose whatever is on my record, even the ones that are expunged, and let the admission com. be the judge of it. When you apply for your license in the future, there will be much more scrutiny on your record anyway. I have seen people getting into med school and dental school with felony charges so it all depends on the nature of the offense.

Members don't see this ad :)
ledmirage said:
so you don't have to disclose if it's not a misdemeanor or felony? (ie infraction or fines, not traffic) Personally i would disclose whatever is on my record, even the ones that are expunged, and let the admission com. be the judge of it. When you apply for your license in the future, there will be much more scrutiny on your record anyway. I have seen people getting into med school and dental school with felony charges so it all depends on the nature of the offense.

You have to disclose everything other than traffic infractions or tickets. And just because they got into dental school or med school means they can get their license. I believe they have to petition the state in order to have them make an exception on their application.

I THINK. I'm not a lawyer so don't quote me on this. Actually... better you people not listen to a word I say. :p

TX2thDR said:
my cousin wants to apply but is worried about his Class C Misdemeanor. i told him there should be nothing to worry about, its the same class as a traffic ticket! should he be concerned?

I was also worried because I have 2 alcohol-related offenses on my record. I've gotten accepted at 2 schools so far!!