criminal record?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX2thDR

don't mess 'wit texas
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my cousin wants to apply but is worried about his Class C Misdemeanor. i told him there should be nothing to worry about, its the same class as a traffic ticket! should he be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you from Texas? As far as I can tell... most misdemeanor C infractions can be expunged from your record. Unless it IS a traffic violation, he should be concerned. Tell your cousin to talk to a lawyer to see if it can be erased from his record. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
toofache32 said:
"Your cousin"??? Hmmmm

haha yes my cousin, i'm already in dude. lol

I have a buddy here at my undergrad school who has almost identical stats to mine, (3.5 gpa, 3.4 sci gpa, 20/20/20 Dat scores) and I was accepted to Case and Michigan, whereas he has only had a couple interviews, and no acceptances as of yet. The difference in our apps: the day after he turned 18, he got an alcohol ticket. Most schools ask a question about this on their secondary app. In fact, Nova Southeastern and UNLV flat out told him they do not give consideration to people with any type of "criminal" record. I think it sucks, considering it was just one stupid mistake they're making him suffer for. Take that for what it's worth, and tell your "cousin"...good luck!

utahdentist2be said:
he got an alcohol ticket... I think it sucks, considering it was just one stupid mistake they're making him suffer for.
what's an alcohol ticket? if it's something like an open container citation, who cares? if it's a DUI, i applaud any dental school that tosses his application in the trash.

syn_apse said:
what's an alcohol ticket? if it's something like an open container citation, who cares? if it's a DUI, i applaud any dental school that tosses his application in the trash.
Why punish him for something he has already been punished for? I don't think DUI is a felony.

TX2thDR said:
my cousin wants to apply but is worried about his Class C Misdemeanor. i told him there should be nothing to worry about, its the same class as a traffic ticket! should he be concerned?
I dont think a misdemeanor from years ago will really affect anything... A week after i turned 18 i got charged with "Theft under $250" because of a stupid idea to scalp tickets, well i got caught... i regret it and learned my lesson with a years probation! I really think it wont make much of a difference, but then again i just might be in denial... i dont know

colt said:
Why punish him for something he has already been punished for? I don't think DUI is a felony.
a first-time, non-injury DUI is almost always a misdemeanor. hurt somebody or do it more than once and it'll be a felony in most cases. regardless of the classification, a DUI shows a certain disregard for human life that will kill a pre-health application pretty quickly.

OP, like tinman says, your cousin should talk to a lawyer about his misdemeanor. it really depends what the offense was... if it was violent or drug/alcohol related, his record may raise some red flags when dental schools run a background check...

For those wondering, an "alcohol ticket" is a citation given to anyone under the age of 21 who is found to have alcohol in their system, or in possession of alcohol. In Utah, we have a "Not a Drop" law, meaning that no one under 21 should register any amount on a breathalyzer. An alcohol ticket is still only a misdemeanor. I got one when I was 17, luckily, my record was purged when I was 18. Unfortunately for my friend, he was legally an adult when he was charged. I don't mean to concern anyone who has a blemish on their record, for all I know, his personal statement might have mentioned an uncontrollable fetish for barnyard animals. All I know, is we basically have identical stats, applied to the same schools, and I got seven interview offers, he only got two, and I was accepted and he wasn't. Once again, take that for what it's worth.

utahdentist2be said:
For those wondering, an "alcohol ticket" is a citation given to anyone under the age of 21 who is found to have alcohol in their system, or in possession of alcohol. In Utah, we have a "Not a Drop" law, meaning that no one under 21 should register any amount on a breathalyzer. An alcohol ticket is still only a misdemeanor. I got one when I was 17, luckily, my record was purged when I was 18. Unfortunately for my friend, he was legally an adult when he was charged. I don't mean to concern anyone who has a blemish on their record, for all I know, his personal statement might have mentioned an uncontrollable fetish for barnyard animals. All I know, is we basically have identical stats, applied to the same schools, and I got seven interview offers, he only got two, and I was accepted and he wasn't. Once again, take that for what it's worth.
Now im getting scared! :scared: I need to go to the court house and get one of those background checks ran for 30 bucks to see if this stupid offense i did when i was younger is still on there... if it is im definately getting a lawyer to get it off... great more money to spend!

colt said:
Because DUI is a serious crime which SHOULD be a felony in all states and it is in some already.

DUI is a major cause of traffic accidents and fatalities.

In Nevada, after your first DUI you get your license suspended/revoked for 1 year and spend 30 days in jail. All states should be this tough, or tougher on DUI.

I had a drunk and disorderly ticket during my undergrad days that I listed on my applications. Then again it was 12 years ago and I have been a professional since. I think if it was only a year ago the schools may look at it a little differently.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is still hope though everybody! i listed 17 'drunk and disorderly's on my application and i still got into dental school. i think what helped me was that i wrote a really funny personal statement explaining all 17 incidents :thumbup:

JohnUNLV said:
Because DUI is a serious crime which SHOULD be a felony in all states and it is in some already.

In Nevada, after your first DUI you get your license suspended/revoked for 1 year and spend 30 days in jail. All states should be this tough, or tougher on DUI.

Felony? Are you serious? Except for the fact that you can get a DUI after only a few beers, good idea to go locking up half of the adult population. From what I hear, in Europe everybody that is suspected of driving drunk gets a field sobriety test and if you pass you are good to go, fail and you will be locked up. Imo this is the best way to determine if somone is a threat on the road.

Not everything is black and white, and I certainly wouldn't want somebody out driving after they have had 25 shots of SoCo but come on. I have friends that are law enforcement officers who drink and drive (well more than the legal limit) on a regular basis. My point being is that MANY people drink and drive after having a few, these same people USUALLY know when to stop drinking. If DUI meant bombed off of your a$$ I would agree with you and want it to be a felony myself, but not with the current standards.

Reactions: 1 user
Hardbody said:
Felony? Are you serious? Except for the fact that you can get a DUI after only a few beers, good idea to go locking up half of the adult population. From what I hear, in Europe everybody that is suspected of driving drunk gets a field sobriety test and if you pass you are good to go, fail and you will be locked up. Imo this is the best way to determine if somone is a threat on the road.

Not everything is black and white, and I certainly wouldn't want somebody out driving after they have had 25 shots of SoCo but come on. I have friends that are law enforcement officers who drink and drive (well more than the legal limit) on a regular basis. My point being is that MANY people drink and drive after having a few, these same people USUALLY know when to stop drinking. If DUI meant bombed off of your a$$ I would agree with you and want it to be a felony myself, but not with the current standards.
If it only takes a couple of beers for someone to be legally drunk (0.8 in most western states) than that person is a lightweight and is probably drunk and cannot drive safely. It usually takes more than just 'a couple beers' for the majority of the population to be above the legal limit.

I didnt say that anyone with any trace of alcohol should get a felony, i said DUI, which means above the legal limit.

Just because your cop friends are degenerates and dont follow the laws that they are supposed to uphold doesnt mean its ok for everyone to go driving after drinking 'a couple of beers'.

The fact is, if we were all harder on dangerous crimes (such as DUI) we would have much safer streets and less deaths.

JohnUNLV said:

I'm with you on this one. Somebody mentioned the trouble of locking up half the adult population -- if we were tougher on DUI half the adult population wouldn't be driving drunk.

I had a community arrest for parking on a disabled parking spot; I had to go to court and was charge with a misdeaminor and was put on probation for 14 months. This was not an issue during the interview process and got accepted to several schools. DUI is also a misdemeanor isn't it?

TeethVader said:
DUI is also a misdemeanor isn't it?
Every state is different, I posted above that Nevada is 30 days in jail, (possible $1,000 fine) and licensed revoked for one year after the first offense. I'm not sure if the first one is a felony or not, but I know the 2nd one is. Some states its always a felony, others its never a felony.

Hardbody said:
...I have friends that are law enforcement officers who drink and drive (well more than the legal limit) on a regular basis. My point being is that MANY people drink and drive after having a few....
.....and so it is therefore an OK thing to do? Great.

utahdentist2be said:
... for all I know, his personal statement might have mentioned an uncontrollable fetish for barnyard animals....
What's wrong with that? I still got in dental school....

JohnUNLV said:

I agree, but the "SHOULD" part is your opinion. The states have their own ways of punishing someone for DUI. If someone was say 17 and got in trouble for DUI, but later went on to totally change their life around....should they be punished over and over for what they did at 17 when they're 23-25 applying to professional school?

Can people that drink and drive ever be rehibilitated?

I'm with JohnUNLV all the way on this one. Drinking and driving says a lot about your character and the lack of regard you have for human life. Sure you might be able to change, and the quickest way for change is a harsh penalty to make you think twice, not just a slap on the wrist. If you got a DUI when you were young and now its years later and you've had a flawless record since, then maybe they should take that into account when reviewing your application.

colt said:
I agree, but the "SHOULD" part is your opinion. The states have their own ways of punishing someone for DUI. If someone was say 17 and got in trouble for DUI, but later went on to totally change their life around....should they be punished over and over for what they did at 17 when they're 23-25 applying to professional school?

Can people that drink and drive ever be rehibilitated?
You make a great point. If you were very young, like 17, and its been 6 years since and have not committed any other crimes then yes i'd say they have grown up and realized how stupid it was.

I was arrested a couple times in middle school ( i used to be a really bad kid), but luckily I finally woke up and realized i didnt want to be a loser all my life. So yes, I believe people can change.

However, DUI is a very serious crime and should be a DUI, period.

Hardbody said:

Seriously, I wish you were joking. I work for the coroner's office doing removals. You have no idea what a few beers can do. In fact, just a few days ago I picked up two teenagers who had a few beers, wrapped their car around a big cedar with the needle posted at 100. The car looked like at beer can wrapped around a closet pole with the front end thirty feet away. As for the boy and girl I picked up. Lets just say that I had to pick of the pieces of their bad decision. I'm pretty sure that the Death Certificate listed "Blunt force trauma" on the cause of death, but I would've liked to add "stupidity and a few beers." I'm just glad they only killed themselves and not any innocent persons. Seriously, they were MESSED up. It would make you think twice, in spite of your foolish officer friends.

In Texas, police are now arresting people who are drunk in bars, BEFORE they even have a chance to drive. Never mind that they had planned on taking a taxi afterwards or having a friend take them home.

tinman831 said:
In Texas, police are now arresting people who are drunk in bars, BEFORE they even have a chance to drive. Never mind that they had planned on taking a taxi afterwards or having a friend take them home.
I highly doubt this is true. This would be against pretty much every basic right and freedom we have in this country.

Now, if they were plastered and disorderly, well then they are breaking the law.

You can't arrest someone for what they "might" do.

JohnUNLV said:
I highly doubt this is true. This would be against pretty much every basic right and freedom we have in this country.

Now, if they were plastered and disorderly, well then they are breaking the law.

You can't arrest someone for what they "might" do.

They've already arrested a lot of people.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060322/us_nm/bars_dc

Gulch said:
Seriously, I wish you were joking. I work for the coroner's office doing removals. You have no idea what a few beers can do. In fact, just a few days ago I picked up two teenagers who had a few beers, wrapped their car around a big cedar with the needle posted at 100. The car looked like at beer can wrapped around a closet pole with the front end thirty feet away. As for the boy and girl I picked up. Lets just say that I had to pick of the pieces of their bad decision. I'm pretty sure that the Death Certificate listed "Blunt force trauma" on the cause of death, but I would've liked to add "stupidity and a few beers." I'm just glad they only killed themselves and not any innocent persons. Seriously, they were MESSED up. It would make you think twice, in spite of your foolish officer friends.
Kudos Gulch for bringing up a great point. "just a couple of beers" are the famous last words for a lot of people who are not amongst us anymore. If you see the pictures of people who were in accidents because they were drunk driving or they were the victims of someone who just had a "couple of beers" (even if they were officers off duty), you wouldn't say the word "just" ever again.
It is unfortunate that there is a huge amount of population that still beleives that they are in control of themselves even after a few drinks, and if such ignorance comes from someone who has studied the human body and understands how these chemicals affect our body, it is even more pathetic.
One more thing to note is that the SAME person can react differently to the SAME quantity of drinks, depending on the state of that person's body at that time. Like if you drink 2 beers after you just consumed 1 big pizza, it may not seem too bad, but try having "just a couple of beers" after starving the whole day at school. I bet you cannot drive with any amount of sanity.

Just my .04 cents of venting.

NOTE: Drinking is NOT COOL and DRUNK DRIVING IS A CRIME.

IntlMed said:
Kudos Gulch for bringing up a great point. "just a couple of beers" are the famous last words for a lot of people who are not amongst us anymore. If you see the pictures of people who were in accidents because they were drunk driving or they were the victims of someone who just had a "couple of beers" (even if they were officers off duty), you wouldn't say the word "just" ever again.
It is unfortunate that there is a huge amount of population that still beleives that they are in control of themselves even after a few drinks, and if such ignorance comes from someone who has studied the human body and understands how these chemicals affect our body, it is even more pathetic.
One more thing to note is that the SAME person can react differently to the SAME quantity of drinks, depending on the state of that person's body at that time. Like if you drink 2 beers after you just consumed 1 big pizza, it may not seem too bad, but try having "just a couple of beers" after starving the whole day at school. I bet you cannot drive with any amount of sanity.

Just my .04 cents of venting.

NOTE: Drinking is NOT COOL and DRUNK DRIVING IS A CRIME.

No its not cool...but some of us do enjoy 2 drink...not 2 get drunk...no 2 impress anyone...just have a good time...y do people smoke, eat ice cream, have chocolate cravings? Same reason people enjoy a drink...and if i have 5 drinks someones going 2 come arrest me because they think im going to go out and kill someone...what if i have planned 2 take a taxi home...or as most people do have a designated driver! I htink i should have the freedom 2 enjoy a few drinks with some friends...y don't we just go into peoples homes and arrest them for smoking 2 much? or drinking 2 much coffee and accuse them of drinking 2 much caffeine...What kinda of country do we live in that we can't enjoy ourselves because of a few stupid irresponsible people...no offense but I would have a few choice words for someone who was going 2 arrest me on the count that they thought I was drunk...not mentioning the fact that they arrested those people WITHOUT giving them a test...breathelizer etc, walkin in a straight line..etc...ABSURDITY I TELL YOU LOL! :eek: :mad:

michaelazna said:
No its not cool...but some of us do enjoy 2 drink...not 2 get drunk...no 2 impress anyone...just have a good time...y do people smoke, eat ice cream, have chocolate cravings? Same reason people enjoy a drink...and if i have 5 drinks someones going 2 come arrest me because they think im going to go out and kill someone...what if i have planned 2 take a taxi home...or as most people do have a designated driver! I htink i should have the freedom 2 enjoy a few drinks with some friends...y don't we just go into peoples homes and arrest them for smoking 2 much? or drinking 2 much coffee and accuse them of drinking 2 much caffeine...What kinda of country do we live in that we can't enjoy ourselves because of a few stupid irresponsible people...no offense but I would have a few choice words for someone who was going 2 arrest me on the count that they thought I was drunk...not mentioning the fact that they arrested those people WITHOUT giving them a test...breathelizer etc, walkin in a straight line..etc...ABSURDITY I TELL YOU LOL! :eek: :mad:

i agree

michaelazna said:

I totally agree with you on that michaelazna. I am not saying let us all just stop drinking. I love to drink too, but I am just against the fact that some of us try and make it sound like, it is kinda cool to do that. (The whole ... Take it easy .. it is just a couple of beers types). I think it totally gives a wrong picture of drinking. Thats all. I am all for drinking responsibly.

Coming to the arrests in Texas (I think that is what you are referring to), I cannot agree with you more that it is one of the most stupidest things that I have ever heard. I cannot imagine why somebody would do something like that. Talk about pre-emptive strike :laugh:

michaelazna said:

I would love to read your H&P's.

tinman831 said:

As shocking as this article was to read, I couldn't get past the fact that undercover cops went to 36 bars and only found 30 drunks! You must have to be pretty smashed to get written up for this offense. either way, it's still a ridiculous law.

tinman831 said:

Well, techinically they are breaking the law. It's not like they arrested every person in the bar they arrested 30 from 36 sting operations (each of which i bet lasted for hours and hours), and those 30 were probably stupid drunk, falling all over themselves, yelling and screaming at people and would most likely end up driving.

Just because you're inside a bar, doesnt mean you're not in public and can get as plastered as you want.

michaelazna said:
Through all your incoherence.. i have just two questions, how do you know they didnt get them a BAC test in the bar? And if it wasnt done in the bar, it is standard operating procedure to have a blood BAC test during booking at the jail.
and #2, you can "what if" all day, the fact is that you're wrong, MOST people do NOT use designated drivers. Do you really believe that drinking coffee has the same effects on your body as alcohol?

JohnUNLV said:
Through all your incoherence.. i have just two questions, how do you know they didnt get them a BAC test in the bar? And if it wasnt done in the bar, it is standard operating procedure to have a blood BAC test during booking at the jail.
and #2, you can "what if" all day, the fact is that you're wrong, MOST people do NOT use designated drivers. Do you really believe that drinking coffee has the same effects on your body as alcohol?

The reason I know about the BAC is because the owner of hte Coyote Ugly was on the radio this morning and he said that. He said no tests were done at ALL and that almost all of the cases get thrown out if you fight it because they did NOTHING wrong...and yes they had witnesses who were designated drivers! So basically ur wrong...and maybe u don't have a designated driver but people have smartened up and actually do use them...I know i'm a designated driver every few times we go out...its not 2 hard if ur social...we don't always have 2 drink because we are in presence of alcohol...and a lot of people are using taxis now because its pretty cheap and no risk....

Thanks everyone for hte positive comments though ;)

michaelazna said:
The reason I know about the BAC is because the owner of hte Coyote Ugly was on the radio this morning and he said that. He said no tests were done at ALL and that almost all of the cases get thrown out if you fight it because they did NOTHING wrong...and yes they had witnesses who were designated drivers! So basically ur wrong...and maybe u don't have a designated driver but people have smartened up and actually do use them...I know i'm a designated driver every few times we go out...its not 2 hard if ur social...we don't always have 2 drink because we are in presence of alcohol...and a lot of people are using taxis now because its pretty cheap and no risk....

Thanks everyone for hte positive comments though ;)
Again, just because they didnt do a field sobriety test at the bar does not mean they that didnt do a blood test at the jail, I can tell you that they did because its the law.

By the way, I don't drink anymore and I am always the designated driver and I'm happy to do it. But, no matter what bar I go to, I never see another DD, EVER. And I've been to a lot of bars in Las Vegas. Maybe its different where you live.

Some of you need to get off your high horse and stop preaching. The bottom line is that none of you are DUI lawyers, admission chairmen from dental schools, nor an expert on human ethics.

I've gotten a DUI in the past and it is a Misdeamnor on my record. I applied to both dental schools and OMFS residencies and the DUI incident didn't even come up in the dental school interviews and only come up twice during my OMFS interviews (Case Medical school & LSU OMFS). Even then none of those two places grilled me on it, one ask me what happened, the other simply commented that "I had too much fun in undergrad"!

Unless you're a Mormon, then the chances of you had a drink and drove in the past is probably there and you know it.

A DUI lawyer flat out told me, it's not against the law to "drink and drive", one can have a glass of wine or two, but it is when it's over the BAC limited dictated by individual state laws, then that's where it's against the law.

On a Friday or Saturday night, you go to your local fancy high class restaurant, you observe, majority of the elder patrons (40+) are drinking a glass of wine or splitting a bottle of wine, afterwards, they drive home after a nice evening out. Let me propose this, are they all breaking the law? Let me answer for you, no they're not! It's not against the law to drink and drive, but it is when you are intoxicated specified by the state law.

All this bullsh1t about how an applicant gets a DUI then he has no humanity? Are you fcuking kidding me. I got a DUI, I probably did more community service and know humanity than you!

I don't condone drink heavily and then drive like an idiot like I did back in undergrad days, but if I only had one beer or one glass of wine on a date, I feel absolutely comfortable driving!

Bottom line is that the DUI laws, as designed, are cash cows for the legal begals and low hanging fruit for the cops. I tell you what....if you made DUI a felony and a minimum of 10 years in the pokey the problem would drop below the horizon...but won't happen... too much lost revenue for vested interests and the cops would have to go spend more time targeting real crimminals in order to meet quotas.

Yah-E said:
Some of you need to get off your high horse and stop preaching. .. if I only had one beer or one glass of wine on a date, I feel absolutely comfortable driving!
of course you should feel comfortable driving, one drink is well-below .08

but you got a DUI Andy, which means that you drank more than one drink. luckily, the only bad thing that happened was that you got caught.

if you've ever lost a loved one to a drunk driver, you'd know there is no such thing as a "high horse" when it comes to this.

syn_apse said:
the only bad thing that happened was that you got caught.
I'm glad that I got caught, now I'm more aware of the consequences.

I understand this and that is why I learn from my previous mistakes and am very conscious of my toxication status and driving. If I know it will be a crazy night, I simply don't drive. Attending a MAD session was not only an eye opening experience, but very effective (touching).

As long as one learns and modify their behaviors, then everyone should deserve a second chance, even a dental school applicant!

Yah-E said:
I'm glad that I got caught, now I'm more aware of the consequences.

I understand this and that is why I learn from my previous mistakes and am very conscious of my toxication status and driving. If I know it will be a crazy night, I simply don't drive. Attending a MAD session was not only an eye opening experience, but very effective (touching).

As long as one learns and modify their behaviors, then everyone should deserve a second chance, even a dental school applicant!
I agree with you on this post. (your last one was rather hostile)

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, IF they demonstrate that they have learned.

Not everyone is as wise as you. In fact, most drinkers arent.

I can pretty much agree with everyone on this thread in that as long as the crime was minor and far in the past then I highly doubt that it could hinder an application significantly. My understanding is that as long as you are honest on applications and can pass a background check then no problem. When the criminal background check finds the record then he'll probably have to just talk with the dean or associate dean and then he's good to go.

Then again he may not have to worry about that even.....when I got accepted my school had me do a background check through the company Verified Credentials. This company (and others like it) are only supposed to report Class B misdemeanors, Class A misdemeanors, and of course felonies. A Class C misdemeanor (which since this is Texas we are talking about is probably for just underage consumption) should not even show up on the report findings and as long as he was honest about it on his application there should be no reason why it would be a problem. Also I should add that these companies only check for records as low as the county level.........so if the ticket was handled at the city court house then it is even more doubtful that it would show up.

The adcoms used to be young and stupid also so don't think that they will look down on something like an underage drinking charge. They used to be in undergrad too and understand what college is like. Just make sure that your cuz didn't lie on that application.......b/c that'll break the whole deal right there.

I just got done with a barrage of tests (all of which I nailed) so sorry I couldn't reply back sooner. Way too many people have responded to my post to respond to each personally so all I can say is that either I did a poor job writing my post or you all did a poor job interpreting it so let me make myself clear. I AM TOTALLY AGAINST SOMEONE DRIVING A VEHICLE THAT IS SMASHED. I have never once drove a vehicle while intoxicated and I never will. That being said, the legal limits are BULL**** (this was the point of my first post). .08 is a joke, and I believe that a DUI can be given for as low as .04 (at least in NY). It takes me at least 1/5 liter of Jagermeister to even feel a buzz, althugh I weigh about 230lbs (I lift weights, so it's muscle and not fat). That has to be way over the .08 mark.

I think everyone can agree that knowing the laws, then drinking and driving is just plain stupid. I think it can also be agreed upon that anyone who is smashed should not get behind a wheel. I do feel that everyone deserves a SECOND chance and should not be crucified over an isolated incident when they were younger.

Hardbody said:
I just got done with a barrage of tests (all of which I nailed) so sorry I couldn't reply back sooner. Way too many people have responded to my post to respond to each personally so all I can say is that either I did a poor job writing my post or you all did a poor job interpreting it so let me make myself clear. I AM TOTALLY AGAINST SOMEONE DRIVING A VEHICLE THAT IS SMASHED. I have never once drove a vehicle while intoxicated and I never will. That being said, the legal limits are BULL**** (this was the point of my first post). .08 is a joke, and I believe that a DUI can be given for as low as .04 (at least in NY). It takes me at least 1/5 liter of Jagermeister to even feel a buzz, althugh I weigh about 230lbs (I lift weights, so it's muscle and not fat). That has to be way over the .08 mark.

I think everyone can agree that knowing the laws, then drinking and driving is just plain stupid. I think it can also be agreed upon that anyone who is smashed should not get behind a wheel. I do feel that everyone deserves a SECOND chance and should not be crucified over an isolated incident when they were younger.

Agreed. But here is a really bad poem anyway that sort of sums up how I feel when I have to pick up someone that killed themself by getting plastered and driving:

Mortuary Man (A Dogeril (poorly written poem))

With the sensitivity of a mortuary man
Waiting impatiently in my mortuary van
I’ve seen things only a mortuary man can:
Car wrecks, fires, decomp, rigamortis, shotgun suicides and the eerie ones saved for campfire stories.

Families want one last moment, one last kiss,
Which I don’t get, that won’t replace what you’ll miss.
Besides don’t they know its gross to kiss those with rigomor-TISS?
As for me I hope my life was enough and my loved ones
Don’t feel the need to express so much affection post-my-mortem,
Keeping the mortuary man waiting…

So, call me stone-hearted, call me mean-head
But it won’t change that I’d rather be at home sleeping instead
Or hanging out with friends, or eating in bed.
Anything!! Anything but having to wait here while some family tries to express love too late to a deaf corpse.
“He doesn’t hear you!”

But we’re strange creatures it can’t be denied
Giving up when hardly we’ve tried
So often wishing we’d already died

UNTIL WE ACTUALLY HAVE…

Love,

Gulch

How about an arrest due to a fight after being admitted to a school?