critique needed for essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOLDenKatie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for a winter internship and I needed to write an essay indicating why I am interested in a health care career. Could anyone help?
I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I had trouble starting the essay because I am an economics major..but any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for a winter internship and I needed to write an essay indicating why I am interested in a health care career. Could anyone help?
I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I had trouble starting the essay because I am an economics major..but any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Why are you interested in a health career? I think everyones personal reasons vary, so if you could at least include some of those, it may be easier to help :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks

I'm not sure why you believe you need help writing this essay because you're an economics major. You'll have to write several essays during application to medical school/PA school, so you might as well get used to it now ;) :luck:

I don't know if I should state that I am an econ major, if I do they will most likely wonder why I didn't switch to a Bio major, etc.
Right now it consists of an experience that I had and that's what drew me to the sciences.

My question for you is why are you a econ major, are you planning do health care reform?

My question for you is why are you a econ major, are you planning do health care reform?

No not at all.. I hate majoring in econ..but I only have one semester to go until I graduate. In the past, I was thinking about going to law school but decided I would be happier and more suited for a career in health care, meaning PT, podiatry, etc. Those are actually my top choices. But while taking my econ courses, I have been taking physics, chem, bio all w/ labs.