CRNA to Anesthesiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NinaQuills84

Reaction score
Hello,
Are there any CRNAs considering or on track to applying to med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would anybody go from CRNA to medical school? Conservatively, your money will double in 8 years if invested in the market and that right there is med school and anesthesia residency. Over your lifetime, the decision to pause and go to medical school could end up costing you millions when you compound those 8 years of income vs. lost income and debt.

Reactions: 1 users
I retired from big tech, and I'll make less money than I did even if I end up a fully trained physician. I'm also aiming for low paying specialties, and will allocate considerable time to volunteer/charity care, up to 100%. Oh and screw working full-time.

Because there are more things in life than money. Especially if you have Enough, and loftier goals like freedom from capitalism and self-actualization become possible.

It is true that CRNA -> med school is likely to cost 1-2 million in lost pay, so carefully weigh whether that's worth the incremental gains in meaning/impact/what it is that drives you to medicine.

Reactions: 4 users