CRNA's training residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This happened at my residency program as well...

Another issue is that the crnas make the room assignments for the residents and crnas on the weekend instead of the attending
I'd avoid this place like the plague if I was an MS4 applying. That's seriously absurd.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I'd avoid this place like the plague if I was an MS4 applying. That's seriously absurd.
If one avoids all the places where CRNAs run the show, as obviously as there or behind the scenes, one will be left with 25% of the places (optimistically).

Since they are not held to as high standards as physicians, and the market is HUGELY in their favor, they can always boycott anybody and anything as a group, hence one just doesn't want to piss them off, especially if one is the department chair. Or just a lowly anesthesiologist.

When, a few years ago, most VA physicians rallied against their independence, they simply left their jobs at a number of VA hospitals. Academic anesthesiologists who expressed support for their VA counterparts, by writing (public) letters to their legislators, were even reprimanded by some programs.

Lobbying against CRNAs is not acceptable at UNC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no faculty member, PD, or chair, so maybe the way those programs have it is best. But med students deserve the truth, and can decide for themselves where they want to train. Just like duty hours, case mix, etc. The only way to change a system is for people to say what's going on. I think it would be helpful for everyone if these programs were identified

Reactions: 1 user