Saigon

5+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,

So next semester I am considering taking a neuroscience course that is cross-listed Biology and Psychology. Does anyone know if I can use the professor as a non-science LOR even if I sign up for the course using the BIO course number? Thanks

Glandzburg

| MS-4 |
2+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2014
Status
Medical Student
If it is listed as BIO on your transcript, I don't think a letter from that professor would count as non-science.

Reactions: md-2020
About the Ads

gonnif

Only 14 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Thanks for the response. Anyone else with input?
It depends if the medical school ask for a LOR from a non-science prof or from an instructor from a non-science course. Generally, it depends on where the prof sits on the faculty. If he/she is listed from psych department, then likely yes non-science LOR. If he/she is a Bio prof, it would be a science LOR

medbunny56

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
It depends if the medical school ask for a LOR from a non-science prof or from an instructor from a non-science course. Generally, it depends on where the prof sits on the faculty. If he/she is listed from psych department, then likely yes non-science LOR. If he/she is a Bio prof, it would be a science LOR
so just to re-iterate, if one of my psych courses counted in my BCPM gpa as a bio course, I could still use the LOR from my psych professor as a non-science LOR? She is listed under the psych department at my school

About the Ads