Crunch Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n0chi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Like the rest of Aug. MCAT takers, I'm feeling the burn right about now. I have the Kaplan prep books from last year, and EK books from this year, and I have read them all and done a bunch of questions in both. I have taken about 5 full lenghts so far (Kaplan mostly) and have been getting scores in the 24-26 range. I really need a 30, but a common feature I find is seeing questions I have never seen before :(.

I was wondering if it is normal to see something completely random on the MCAT or am I just not preparing myself well enough?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

its so hard to tell everyone, and yet its so obvious.

peopel look at ek and kaplan and others as if thats the only thing to study....
the peopl who do well, like 35 and above do so because they studied their textbooks. many of the biology questions as well as physics seem to come stragith from my textbooks. i was rereading the stuff(its nto so bad when u've studied it so much that none of it seems new) and was like wow questions are coming straight from here...

i know its only week away, so i recommend you to cover whatever material you know from kaplan thoroughly in your textbook. dont try and learn new things, though reviewing definately helps. you should focus on waht you know best and make sure u know all that. also, many difficult questoins in mcat can easily be done by reading the questoin carefully or even the passage. these are what i cant seem to give so much importance to in words....most important is to be confident, tell yourself you can do it and when test day comes up dont quit a questoin or panic on a pasage because it seems to be new!

im taking it this august for the first time, so i type this stuff as a way to tell myself the same things-makes me feel better