crunch time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buggati

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i study super hard for the next two weeks before my april mcat...is it possible to have a "good" score increase by atleast 4 pnts if not higher?
I am doing last minute super detailed review because thats how stuff sticks in my mind. I am really scared b/c everyone's postponing...so is my goal to improve by 4 or more unrealistic? has anyone experienced this before?

Members don't see this ad.

i am in the same situation as you. i want 4 more points total..
i am thinking about postponing myself. i risk my committee letter for the term if i do though.. so im a little unsure about what to do.

is there a thread where people are talking about postponing or not??

4 points is alot. Focus on test taking skills more so than details, unless you are already above a 33 or so because regardless of how much you study over the next two weeks, you will still encounter material that is either completely foreign, or that you aren't super strong in. You can improve though! Don't lose hope! Over the summer, my score jumped up 2 points on the real deal. Don't postpone taking this test, it's just nerves. An important aspect to focus on also is making sure you don't freak out to the point of doing more harm than good. I remember freaking out for 2 weeks about how I wasn't going to be able to sleep the night of. Good luck everyone!!! It's almost here but that means it's almost over!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i am in the same situation as you. i want 4 more points total..
i am thinking about postponing myself. i risk my committee letter for the term if i do though.. so im a little unsure about what to do.

is there a thread where people are talking about postponing or not??

do not take the MCAT unless you are as prepared as you can possibly be and feel as confident as you will ever feel when taking the test. That being said, just realize you will NEVER feel totally ready for the beast because there is just so much information and the tests is so reasoning based. I know from friends who took it to just get it out of the way and werent prepared as well as they could have been and are totally regretting it now. you will not want to take the MCAT twice. if you arent ready postpone.

People here at my school are postponing left and right. I think I might be the only one left! I would say just study efficiently and continuously, focusing on the material and test-taking skills.

There's no way that I would postpone this thing. I will not allow this test to lurk over my any longer. April 7 is going to be a fine day.

People here at my school are postponing left and right. I think I might be the only one left! I would say just study efficiently and continuously, focusing on the material and test-taking skills.

There's no way that I would postpone this thing. I will not allow this test to lurk over my any longer. April 7 is going to be a fine day.

Completely agree. However its the 12th thats gonna be a fine day for me. :thumbup:

I wonder how many total students are gonna end up sitting the test in April? Any guesses?

A lot of people are more likely to drop... especially since its hard focusing during spring break...

btw... I am on spring break, and all I can do is SDN or study =(

Completely agree. However its the 12th thats gonna be a fine day for me. :thumbup:

I wonder how many total students are gonna end up sitting the test in April? Any guesses?

April 12th conservative estimate... 2 people, me and diverdoc. Did people postpone the march MCAT the way they are postponing (procrastinating) the April one?

My TPR class of twelve has only one person sticking to the April date (me!!). Starting to wonder if it was a good idea... :scared:

i am april 12th too, tryin not to freak

i seriously think they should give us like bonus points b/c we arent postponing :) really how would this effect the scaled score though?

Like other people have said, it depends on where you are now. Increasing score gets exponentially harder. If you're at a 26 on your practice tests now, and looking for a 30, I think two weeks is the bare minimum for most people, but you have to put all you're efforts into MCAT.