cryptocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My crypto adventure is over: invested 2k and made $167 and cashed out. Not a bad return I guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would be lying if I say I am not tempted by a desire to become rich overnight.. So, you can say it’s probably greed.

Been reading about it on Reddit and come to realize one thing: 9 out of 10 crypto investors don’t understand what it truly is (myself included). Most people are just in for the quick buck. However, if you dive deeper, concept is pretty intriguing.

At this point I don’t “believe” or “not believe” in crypto. I am feeling neutral right now. Are people on Reddit who throw over 20% of their net worth in crypto imbeciles? Or will these people become millionaires and conservative investors will just wait on the sideline watching others make real money? Only time will tell!
You're hitting on the core dilemma. The key difference between investing and gambling comes down to position sizing. Allocating 20%+ of a net worth into an asset class as volatile as crypto is pure high-stakes speculation, regardless of whether it works out. But putting in 1–5% of "fun money" that you can afford to lose completely? That's just an asymmetric bet with zero impact on your actual retirement plan.