C's in science courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starflower

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who have been accepted:

If you got C's, how many and what were they in?
Were you asked about it at interviews?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!

I got a C+ in Modern Analytical Methods for Separation and Characterization (Chem). It came up in only one interview. It was an aberration on my record so it was easy to explain. Basically I didn't do well on one test and spent the rest of the semester to bring the grade up. I said I should have worked harder. The interviewer kept asking if I was feeling down or blue, kind of trying to get me to blame in on depression or something...I don't really know why. I would tend to think adcomms and interviewers tend to not to want excuses and whining.

2 C's: Chemistry 1 and Chemistry 2.

Guess which is my least favorite subject?!? :rolleyes:

It was never mentioned, they were from freshman year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 4 or 5 C's. Just couldn't get up for those early classes in college. Still got into med school, and wasn't asked about them on interviews.

Thanks!

I got a C+ in calculus-based physics I, and another C+ in circuits for engineers. I'd say the best way to make up for a C in a science class is to rock the appropriate section of the MCAT-- show the adcoms even though you may have dropped the ball in the class, that you can hold your weight with the subject matter on the MCAT. Also, increasing your academic performance over the next few semesters definitely helps. Raise that BCPM any way you can!

good luck!

I got a C+ in Bio lecture first semester freshman year
C+ in bio lab second semester freshman year
and a C+ in an astronomy class also first semester freshman year.

I was definitely asked about my academic record that first year. The astronomy class was a mistake, I never should've taken it, or I should've dropped it when I realized it was over my head.

The bio classes were learning how to study differently than I had in high school. I also made an effort to show that it was a matter of immaturity and not a lack of understanding. So my sernior year I was a TA for an intro bio class and I also got a 13 on the Bio section of the MCAT.