CSAO vs NBEO

Started by sceye
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sceye

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I know that there have been previous threads on this topic, but I was hoping to get more input on this matter from those who recently took both exams.

I would like to know the difference between the two; I am a US student so I have taken the NBEO but am considering the CSAO now with all the changes that are taking place (change in the CSAO structure & BC withdrawing NBEO policy in 2013)

I thought NBEO was pretty hard, in other words, I felt like it really tested my competency as an optometry student. I know I studied my @ss off for that exam and still walked out wondering if i passed. (which i did! 🙂 ) i think it is pretty redundant to take the CSAO again IMO.

if someone could just spell out the differences between the two, in terms of content, difficulty, # of study hours for each exam... etc, that would be great!