CSHP or CPhA Advanced Practice Pharmacist Course CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nasil1496

Reaction score
Hello,

Was wondering which course you guys thought was better for obtaining an advanced practice pharmacist license in CA or if they’re about the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Please tell me you work as a clinical pharmacist already.

Please tell me you work as a clinical pharmacist already.
I’m applying to a lot of jobs and planning on moving to CA but as of now no. But either way you need to complete 2/3 requirements and that would satisfy one and I actually want the training. Even if it’s minor I feel like it would be a resume booster to help me try to get into a clinical position as well. I just wanted to know which course if preferred or if they’re both equally robust.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m applying to a lot of jobs and planning on moving to CA but as of now no. But either way you need to complete 2/3 requirements and that would satisfy one and I actually want the training. Even if it’s minor I feel like it would be a resume booster to help me try to get into a clinical position as well. I just wanted to know which course if preferred or if they’re both equally robust.
I’m also potentially going to try and do a residency either this upcoming year or next.

How are you going to obtain the clinical hours for the APh certificate in a state that is a complete wasteland for pharmacist jobs and you have zero connections?

There are PGY1s and BCPS pharmacists who are unable to find jobs. How do you think that merely completing the course, when you don't even qualify for the certificate, will help you?

How are you going to obtain the clinical hours for the APh certificate in a state that is a complete wasteland for pharmacist jobs and you have zero connections?

There are PGY1s and BCPS pharmacists who are unable to find jobs. How do you think that merely completing the course, when you don't even qualify for the certificate, will help you?
I am looking into independents and hoping to be able to get a CPA going in some capacity. I’ve also applied to a ton of hospitals through CA so hopefully something lands. Like I said I’m also considering residency so it would show that I am interested in clinical work and am putting in the education and training so that could potentially boost me resume up for that as well.