CSU Long Beach (CSULB) DPT Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfandbmw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Anyone else accepted & going? I'm excited to meet everyone in about two months! What're your plans for housing?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you hear back from csu lb? And do you mind sharimg your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. I was also accepted into CSULB recently. There is a high likelihood ill be going. I'm looking for roomies too. If possible, I'd like to have my own room, and I'm willing to pay more to have one. If you, cfandbmw, or anyone else is interested, please post or preferably, contact me at [email protected]. My girlfriend is also looking for roomies (in a separate apartment from me) so please let me know if anyone is interested in having her as a roomie as well.

Hello! Would you guys be willing to shed some light on CSULB's DPT program/ your experience so far?

There doesn't seem to be much information about it on their website and won't be able to attend an advisement session until March.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!:)

I have been accepted too. I am also trying to figure out my housing situation as well.

Hello! Would you guys be willing to shed some light on CSULB's DPT program/ your experience so far?

There doesn't seem to be much information about it on their website and won't be able to attend an advisement session until March.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!:)
I attended an info session it was great! The primary speaker was Dr. Mohamed, graduate advisor. Dr. Mohamed stated that entrance to the program was highly competitive. Your overall GPA and Preq GPA were heavily weighed. She further stated that she didn't believe in interviews and not to embellish your essays. No sob stories or climatic events would sway her into giving you entrance. Dr. Mohamed felt the program was very competitive with any program in area. Most of the professors and Dr. Mohamed came from USC. Some of the graduating class spoke about how supportive the professors and their fellow students were. The students also talked about some of the great sites they did their clinical hours. I did not see any of their equipment or labs. Everyone who spoke at the info session also stated that the alumni take care of each other and find jobs for new graduates. The campus and the city was very nice.

I attended an info session it was great! The primary speaker was Dr. Mohamed, graduate advisor. Dr. Mohamed stated that entrance to the program was highly competitive. Your overall GPA and Preq GPA were heavily weighed. She further stated that she didn't believe in interviews and not to embellish your essays. No sob stories or climatic events would sway her into giving you entrance. Dr. Mohamed felt the program was very competitive with any program in area. Most of the professors and Dr. Mohamed came from USC. Some of the graduating class spoke about how supportive the professors and their fellow students were. The students also talked about some of the great sites they did their clinical hours. I did not see any of their equipment or labs. Everyone who spoke at the info session also stated that the alumni take care of each other and find jobs for new graduates. The campus and the city was very nice.
Awesome thanks so much for the information! Did they also give you guys a view of their curriculum? I was curious as to why the program started in may and heard it was because the summer was devoted specifically for anatomy course??

Awesome thanks so much for the information! Did they also give you guys a view of their curriculum? I was curious as to why the program started in may and heard it was because the summer was devoted specifically for anatomy course??

The program starts in May so that when we get out for clinicals & jobs, we have first pick of the best sites since most other schools won't graduate until fall. You do take anatomy over summer and fall semester, and you will be taking a couple other classes alongside.

Hi Guys,

I got accepted to the program and I was wondering if any of you were able to work during your first couple of semesters or if you knew anyone else who did? I'm paying for everything completely by loans so I would like to keep waitressing if it's possible, but I hear that isn't a good idea. Thoughts?

I was accepted to CSULB and turned in my letter accepting my admission earlier this month. They told me that they would send me more information later but I haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else who is going to CSULB heard back from them or should I get in contact with them again to make sure I'm not missing any important information they may have sent out?

I was accepted to CSULB and turned in my letter accepting my admission earlier this month. They told me that they would send me more information later but I haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else who is going to CSULB heard back from them or should I get in contact with them again to make sure I'm not missing any important information they may have sent out?
Did you fill out the CSU mentor application?

@sabino3 yeah I finished the CSU mentor application a day or two after it opened up. I'll probably go into their office today to talk to them in person.

Yeah talk to them. I was accepted by the program in September, CSU Long Beach approval in December, and I just barely was allowed to setup a mycsulb and get a CSULB email in February. These things do take awhile. I was told in December, our files would not be worked on till March. I do not know how true that is.