CSULA Post-Bacc 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Harrooo everyone! I talked to Alex this morning and he informed me that official acceptances and other information about the program will be sent out through email by Wednesday. Hope this information calms some nerves, see you guy/girls in July!

I'm currently deciding between SFSU and CSULA. How did you like CSULA, in terms of professors, class rigor, class size (is it only postbacc or is it w undergrad students as well?), etc. I haven't heard much from the program since my acceptance and I'm scared that the program is as unorganized as the people I've been trying to get in contact w (meanwhile SFSU is very informative and structured but so much more expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your new continuing journey. The classes in csula aren't going to be a walk in the park. Be prepared to work hard. Aim for 4.0 even if it sounds like fairy tail. Animal physio was tough but worth taking because it's good preview to med school!

This is how I studied and I only had 1 A-. Print out the powerpoint lecture slides (4 slides per page; landscape). Go to every class, take your cellphone and put it in the front desk where the prof is talking and record every lecture. After lecture, go to library and re-listen and fill in the gaps of your notes. Write any questions that came up while studying and look it up yourself or go to office hour. I didn't buy any books, lectures were usually enough. After completing the notes, prof sometimes puts and emphasis that some will be in exam (put a star next to those). Reread notes over and over and over until you burn it in your head. Draw pathways over and over until you can draw them in your dreams. Don't forget to take your cellphone after lecture.

Is there a luncheon for you to go and chat with the most recent alumni regarding their favorite/least classes? their opinions are gold bc they navigated through the most recent curriculum and their changes. pm me if you don't know anyone from last year (i know one and can connect you guys).

PS: don't forget that the linkage to westernu app is in the winter. therefore, your grades in the beginning of the year is imperative! don't slack off.

I'm currently deciding between SFSU and CSULA. How did you like CSULA, in terms of professors, class rigor, class size (is it only postbacc or is it w undergrad students as well?), etc. I haven't heard much from the program since my acceptance and I'm scared that the program is as unorganized as the people I've been trying to get in contact w (meanwhile SFSU is very informative and structured but so much more expensive.

Hey i did too! It was an acceptance call!

I’m currently in the Option 1 program for the 2017-2018 year. I was hoping to get input on your progress now that you’ve finished the program. Are you satisfied with your time at CSULA and do you think it increased your chances of getting into medical school? Please let me know if you applied in previous cycles and if you got interviews/acceptances! Thank you!

You guys can also check your get account. Mine says admitted as of today :)

I’m currently in the Option 1 program for the 2017-2018 year. I was hoping to get input on your progress now that you’ve finished the program. Are you satisfied with your time at CSULA and do you think it increased your chances of getting into medical school? Please let me know if you applied in previous cycles and if you got interviews/acceptances! Thank you!