CT Anesthesiology Text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leinie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the upcoming CT anesthesiology certification looming, I thought I would brush up on some of the minutiae of the specialty. To any current or recent CT fellows, what text was your program using? 15 years ago Hensley seemed to be popular, but I don't like the outline format so I am looking at other options.

Leinie

Members don't see this ad.

Not anesthesia text, but I really found this book helpful as a fellow.

Amazon product

So much of what I read in Miller/Barash was out of date. What I’ll probably do is read some select Kaplan chapters for areas I know Im weaker and review the recent Uptodate sections for periop management. Little easier for me though bc Im still so close to echo boards/ccm boards.

Interesting, I had never heard of this book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Leinie

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
my fellowship really didn't promote CT texts... most was on the job with a heavy echo focus. I did really enjoy the shorter version of Kaplan - Kaplan's Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia - much more digestible than the large text. I'm hoping before I decide on whether or not to take the certification exam, that review books specific to the test, or question banks become available.

I don’t think there are any really good books on cardiac anesthesia per se, at least not at the level of detail which will be needed for this exam (unless you have the time and motivation to sit down with a thick @ss textbook, which let’s be honest, who does?). Of course, lots of books on echo.

As a relatively recent fellowship grad, I’m going to wait until they release a content outline for the exam, and study based on that (maybe using UpToDate or reading selected chapters from Kaplan or something)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes UTD's cardiac anesthesia articles. Always felt a bit strange to me that those were my first pick when someone asked me what they should read.