CTE and Waitlist Question!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlightstar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My CTE deadline is quickly approaching and I am WL'd at my top choice institution. My WL school encourages updates (I have sent a update/LOI pre-WL, an update and a LOI post WL already).

I was wondering if it would be acceptable to send another update 1) reiterating my interest/intent 2) informing them of the approaching CTE deadline 3) politely asking them to reconsider my position on the WL before said date.

Has anyone done this tactfully and *can* it be done tactfully? I fear doing so will come off as entitled.... but this is my dream school ahh. thank you for all the help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Explain your circumstances in a brief email, which in itself reiterates your interest. The worst that they tell you is no. Good luck!

And yes, people do this. It does not come across as entitled unless you are rude.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Explain your circumstances in a brief email, which in itself reiterates your interest. The worst that they tell you is no. Good luck!

And yes, people do this. It does not come across as entitled unless you are rude.
TY stride! I appreciate it. Do you think it's necessary to tell them the name of the med school with the CTE deadline or nah?

Members don't see this ad :)
TY stride! I appreciate it. Do you think it's necessary to tell them the name of the med school with the CTE deadline or nah?
It probably is not necessary unless the dream school has significantly less prestige than your current offer. If they are of the same relative tier, I personally would omit the name.

• Care
Hello everyone! My CTE deadline is quickly approaching and I am WL'd at my top choice institution. My WL school encourages updates (I have sent a update/LOI pre-WL, an update and a LOI post WL already).

I was wondering if it would be acceptable to send another update 1) reiterating my interest/intent 2) informing them of the approaching CTE deadline 3) politely asking them to reconsider my position on the WL before said date.

Has anyone done this tactfully and *can* it be done tactfully? I fear doing so will come off as entitled.... but this is my dream school ahh. thank you for all the help!!
Hi there -

Not sure if you can see this as I am in a similar situation 1 year later. I just posted a new thread. Any advice on how you went about contacting your #1 school that you were WL on tactfully? How did it turn out? I also am thinking about having my SO as for more time for the CTE from the already-accepted school while we wait on the WL for the #1 school. Any advice would be much appreciated? Tried to send a PM but it doesnt let me.

TYSM for any guidance.