CTRL + F works in DAT Acheiver, does it also in the real thing?

Started by grifgin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

grifgin

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those who dont know CTRL + F = find a word in the passage type thing
I was wondering if it works on the real thing? since that would make life so so so much easier!!! [for RC alone]

any one know or has in fact made it work on the real thing?


since acheiver is made on an html template > im guessing thats why it works...
 
I havent taken DAT yet, but I would assume they dont give you a keyboard probably just a mouse and monitor is all you need!! However, they can easily disable that feature.
 
DAt acheiver may allow it, but topscore doesn't. they have a pop-up that even states you aren't allowed to use that feature. On the real thing, they do have a keyboard, but I did not try using the 'find' option. I wouldn't recommend using it tho.. who knows what they might do ...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i don't think trying would hurt. if they "catch" you just say you pushed a button or two accidentally...

if someone tries this let us know pls. thanks!
 
i wouldn't encourage anyone to try it - just call the place up and ask.

don't stress out about something so stupid as cltr-F on test day.
 
haha.... I tried using that in a topscore test, and it didnt let me. I think a message came up when I tried it saying that you cant do it on the DAT... so I just took that as fact. I cant imagine they would allow using that on the actual DAT... these people cant be that stupid.
I wonder what would happen though... I wasnt about to take the risk... haha.