CU vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andykim47

AK247
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Already put down a deposit for Tufts and just got accepted into CU Denver. Aside from the tuition issue which is the better school? Would love to hear from current Tufts and CU students.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't come to CU. Lots of changes going on. Clinic is very disorganized, new policies every month (no joke). Not to mention the school is currently having a hard time providing enough chairs to the last couple batches of 52 students and are no way prepared for the increase to 80 seats. Lots of good and well-respected faculty are retiring/leaving because they don't want to deal with growing pains. Oh and did I mention clinic feels like you work at corporate dentistry? Grades are given strictly on the dollar amount you produce (RVU's) and not how you manage your patients or the progress you make towards graduation. Both summer and winter breaks will be shortened next year by one week ( 2 weeks total) so that students are in chairs and producing more money for the school. High CRDTS and WREB failure rates, maybe its because we don't do mock boards like most schools...geez i don't know. Don't get me started about this place, I can think of a lot more. I know most of my classmates are not happy and I for one will never return to this place once I graduate in May. Before you think I am a bad/lazy student, I'll tell you I graduated towards the very top of my class and will be doing a highly competitive specialty next year. There are way too many things wrong with CU, if you have other choices I highly recommend doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear mixed reviews on Colorado...

Last edited:
Don't come to CU. Lots of changes going on. Clinic is very disorganized, new policies every month (no joke). Not to mention the school is currently having a hard time providing enough chairs to the last couple batches of 52 students and are no way prepared for the increase to 80 seats. Lots of good and well-respected faculty are retiring/leaving because they don't want to deal with growing pains. Oh and did I mention clinic feels like you work at corporate dentistry? Grades are given strictly on the dollar amount you produce (RVU's) and not how you manage your patients or the progress you make towards graduation. Both summer and winter breaks will be shortened next year by one week ( 2 weeks total) so that students are in chairs and producing more money for the school. High CRDTS and WREB failure rates, maybe its because we don't do mock boards like most schools...geez i don't know. Don't get me started about this place, I can think of a lot more. I know most of my classmates are not happy and I for one will never return to this place once I graduate in May. Before you think I am a bad/lazy student, I'll tell you I graduated towards the very top of my class and will be doing a highly competitive specialty next year. There are way too many things wrong with CU, if you have other choices I highly recommend doing that.
Thanks for the input. Although what you said is hard to believe since I've been hearing mostly good things about the Denver school. Do most of the other students think the same way or were you just having a bad day? Appreciate your opinion nonetheless.

I would really compare living situations here. Where do you want to live?