Cuba Training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milljea

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a medical student in cuba from the Bahamas I will be going back to do my last year in september, I wanted to know if i stand a chance of getting into a residencie in the US.

Members don't see this ad.

Of course you stand a chance. Visa issues and USMLE scores will be big factors.

I would love to know your experiences there in Cuba. Please tell us.

i wonder how someone from the bahamas goes to a communist country where education is 'free' for its 'citizens' to study medicine. cuban citizens have to serve in the military and buy into that government in order to get these 'advantages'. most importantly i wonder why you would do that at all. if you are in cuba right now i would not be surprised if you never write back, the government tends to frown upon people communicating with the outside world unless they have their own ajenda. i wouldn't be surprised either if that was the case. your first obstacle as i see it would be to actually graduate from there, and be able to leave cuba with that degree, that won't be easy. the next step would be to pass the usmle, and all the other fmg certifications, and that would be nearly impossible because in spite all the hupla the government tries to put out about the 'quality of medical care' in that country, you don't have to be a genius to realize that the training is immensely substandard. If your intentions are truthful, and you are determined, anything can happen, but i have my serious doubts.
pirulo
umdnj-som 2004