Cube Counting 2009 ADA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syntav

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
63i2a4.png

This is what I got, however i don't think it's right

BOGXlM.png

# sides: # cubes
0:0
1:0
2:3
3:4
4:4
5:2

any help? I'm not sure if the cube labeled "5" at the bottom right has its bottom face painted since it technically isn't on the ground, how does everything else look?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that there can't be any cubes in the air, the shape as a whole is assumed to be on a surface and painted over. The cube you were referring to would have 4 sides painted not 5. I think you counted two wrong besides that one but other than that it looks fine.

Reactions: 1 user
This cube looks really weird...can somebody tell me why it looks like the cube is connected by the corners? (the 4 cube on the far left and the bottom cube of the tall tower) I thought that wasn't allowed

The instructions for Cube Counting are as follows:
Each figure presented in this sub-section has been constructed by cementing together identical cubes. After being cemented, each figure was varnished on all sides EXCEPT for the bottom (the side on which the figure rests). The only hidden cubes are the ones necessary to support other cubes in the figure.

Examine each figure carefully regarding the number of sides on each cube that have been varnished. The following questions ask for this information. Select the correct answer choice from the ones provided.

They don't explicitly say that you can't connect corners and I cannot fully verify whether or not the figure can be cemented together by the corners.

But I've seen Crack the DAT PAT problems that have corners connected. I have not encountered connected corners on my DAT but I would treat this figure as PAT practice. Assuming that you can connect the corners (which makes more sense when visualizing the figure) I have the following answers in the image provided. Please let me know if the answers are correct.

Attachments

• copy.jpg
    copy.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: 1 user