Current 2nd year fellows planning on applying for IC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahblah56

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys approaching IC applications in a couple of months? It was an interesting first year of fellowship with COVID, and with this delta surge, many cath labs around the country are shutting down elective cases (mine included), therefore limiting a lot of our exposure prior to applications. I'm worried that I'll be applying with 2-3 months of cath rotations that were limited in terms of volume and I won't be able to get good LORs for applications

Members don't see this ad.

How are you guys approaching IC applications in a couple of months? It was an interesting first year of fellowship with COVID, and with this delta surge, many cath labs around the country are shutting down elective cases (mine included), therefore limiting a lot of our exposure prior to applications. I'm worried that I'll be applying with 2-3 months of cath rotations that were limited in terms of volume and I won't be able to get good LORs for applications
You are not alone. Most applicants are struggling in some form or another. My programs cath volumes remained decent enough but research basically shut down so I have virtually no research.