Current Events in Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

playoutdoors

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a nontraditional undergrad, currently buried neck deep in A Chem, P Chem, and Biochem. Having spent most of my undergrad with large school and work loads, I haven't had much time to pay attention to the outside world. The new goal is to pull my head out of the books, to get some air and figure out what is going on in the world of medicine. The dilemma: where to begin?

In a nutshell, what I'm hoping for is some guidance on how and where to begin reading up on current events in medicine. I've dug around SDN a bit, but haven't found anything to point me in the right direction. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
 
Honestly, cruising around SDN, especially topics in healthcare, sociopolitical and the med student and resident forums will give you a fairly good insight into what is going on in medicine today. Take stuff with a grain of salt but still it certainly gets the ball rolling.