Current & Former DMU Students - What do I need to start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chibucks15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that DMU gives you a computer but I want to make sure that I don't go buying anything else duplicate they normally give the matriculating class (i.e. stethoscope, etc). Any advice on what to get to help me transition easiest?/just advice for the school in general? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't need to buy anything yet. You will have many opportunities to buy stuffs they require, including stethoscope.

To make transition easy, I would say move there a couple of weeks before they start and set up everything (eg, internet, utilities, etc.). Otherwise, relax, travel, or do things you enjoy until then.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

They give you a laptop, yes, but if you would like to use it for note taking and studying, you may need ancillary stuff. I took notes on my iPad so one of those if that is your style. I also have about 40 binders that I ended up never using. You will also need scrubs and a white coat for anatomy lab, but they sell used white coats for cheap if I remember correctly.