Current/Former NECO students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

97kitkat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could any current/former NECO students talk about their experience at NECO: academically, clinically and socially. As well, I am interested in what the support system is like at NECO, do professors/faculty seem willing and interested in helping students succeed? I tried to find a career office (networking, resume advice, practice opportunities, etc.) but couldn't really find a specific office on their website, is this available? And if so, did you find it helpful?

Just really any information that you think is important, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Could any current/former NECO students talk about their experience at NECO: academically, clinically and socially. As well, I am interested in what the support system is like at NECO, do professors/faculty seem willing and interested in helping students succeed? I tried to find a career office (networking, resume advice, practice opportunities, etc.) but couldn't really find a specific office on their website, is this available? And if so, did you find it helpful?

Just really any information that you think is important, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am also interested in this information! @97kitkat: if you have heard anything else from other threads that you feel is important, it would be great if you posted here. Thank you!!

hey guys! I decided to log in to SDN after years but glad I did. I am a second year at NECO right now and just finishing up my winter break. I work for admissions. Did you guys apply to NECO yet and what are your specific questions? I would love to help!

hey guys! I decided to log in to SDN after years but glad I did. I am a second year at NECO right now and just finishing up my winter break. I work for admissions. Did you guys apply to NECO yet and what are your specific questions? I would love to help!

Hi! I have been accepted, but haven’t definitively decided.
I have a general question- where were you choosing between/why did you pick NECO?

Also- I’m interested in neurooptometry/vision therapy. Do you know anyone at NECO who is doing this/feels the resources there are pretty good for that specialty?

Last edited: