Current job situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jspencerd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m currently in a tough situation with my job and wanted some opinions. A basic rundown is I work at an outpatient ortho/sports clinic. The patients are cool and I enjoy helping them. But I feel like (of course this is just my own opinion) that I’m grossly underpaid. On top of normal PT tech responsibilities, I’ve had to fix a bike machine several times, vacuum and clean the front desk area and back area, run to the store and grab supplies for the clinic, among other minor things.

I was paid $10.50/hr before my raise. After I asked my boss for one, he gave me a whopping increase of 75 cents. I’ve been with this company for almost 3 years and I just feel like I haven’t been recognized at what I do.

Anyways, I guess my biggest question is whether I should just stick it out to my normal last day (April 30th) or say whatever and give my 2 weeks now, and be able to spend more time with family and friends before I leave? (Moving to Georgia around late May)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Assuming if you are leaving to start PT school, I would say put your 2 weeks in either way. PT school is gonna be very time consuming and it would be smart to go explore/travel/spend time w friends and fam now before you start. Hope this helps!

You got a 7% raise, that isn't terrible, but the fact is that $11.25 isn't much and you have an end date in sight. Give your notice and don't burn any bridges. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Not knowing your financial situation, I say stick with it. You’re still learning valuable patient care skills. I also feel I’m grossly underpaid at my front desk/aide job (my male coworker with a lower-ranking position than I have makes $4 more per hour than I do purely bc he’s a guy), as I do a boat load of work and deal with a lot of stress and rude people (both patients and insurance companies) on a daily basis. Though I love where I work, I hate my actual job. But, I’m sticking with it until about 1.5 weeks before I leave for school in august because I need to save up as much money as I can as I know i won’t really be able to work the next 3 years aside from random babysitting or pet sitting jobs, if that. It’s only a week or 2 difference between when your 2 weeks would be up and when you’re actually planning on leaving. Suck it up for 2 weeks.