Current Midwestern Glendale Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lfackler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just had an interview at Midwestern-Downers Grove, and really loved the program. I talked to a couple students, and they told me that the school policy there is to "baby" you or "hold your hand". This is definitely a trait that I love about the school. Since Glendale is the sister school of Downers Grove, I was wondering if the policy is the same at Glendale. It would be great to be at a 3yr school that "Holds your hand". how would you characterize your accelerated program? How similar is it to Downers Grove campus?

I was wondering about the difficulty level of the accelerated PharmD program at Midwestern University at Glendale. For those who are currently students, how would you rank your stress level there? Difficulty of the curriculum? Are you so stressed out that you are puling your hair out and wondering if your going to graduate? Would you say the school "holds your hand"? If you were to do it all over again, would you attend another school?

I have heard such terrible things about the LeCOM; the stress level, the grading policies, and difficulty of the curriculum contributes to the failure of student. This contributes to the students having to stay an extra year in order to graduate.... Let me know your honest thoughts....

Members don't see this ad.

I would not say that MWU-CPG "holds your hand" and I wouldn't think that any pharmacy school would. I would say it is stressful most of the time. We have classes year round and exams almost every week, so it can be stressful. There are a few weeks that go by that are not too bad, but that is probably the same with any school. If you want to get by with C's, it may take some stress off, but you get out of school what you put in. I wouldn't go to a different school if I had to do it over again. I graduated from UW-Madison and it would have been the cheaper route to go, but I wanted to get out of Wisconsin for awhile and I love warm weather and sun, which WI lacks most of year.

do you really want "hand-holding"?

I think we all have different definitions of it but personally I'm disappointed with my school because I think there is too much of it. This is a graduate program not high school.

i wouldn't be surprised if they engaged in a *little* hand holding...after all it IS an intense 3 year program and the rentetion rate is only 1 out of 130

but then again their naplax rate is 95.xx% ... so if anything, i believe they'd be busting arses