Current NOVA students: projected books and equip.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1bui

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To current NOVA students:

I recently checked the projected cost for first year, and noticed the projected cost for books and equipment was ~$9000. How come this is so high, compared to other schools (eg. ICO= ~$3500)? Granted the OD1 equipment kit was ~$2000, but that still leaves ~$7000. Will all of that really go to cover books and other additional instuments?

Sorry, just being a penny pincher here...;)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a NOVA student, but I'll share my experience. Pacific had listed that we would spend somewhere around $2500 for books the first year. I spent $300, and actually would have bought one less book looking back. They count in all of the books that you could possibly have to buy, but generally you will buy a fraction of what they "require". With equipment, they base the price on the most expensive equipment you can get, so usually you'll be under than value as well.

any other NOVA students would like to share a bit? are most of the books needed, or just a few books like anatomy are actually really useful to purchase?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see... Cool - good way to save some $$