Current NYU dental students, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KB23456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I recently was accepted into NYU and am thrilled, however, thinking about looking for housing is already making me anxious. Are there any current NYU students who can recommend apartment buildings/places to live within walking distance (preferably) to the school? Also if you could describe your apartment/how much you pay. Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of students live in Waterside Plaza and in Stuy Town. Most students share an apartment with at least one other person if not two or three roommates.

I personally live in a studio in Waterside. It was way cheaper when I was looking for my apartment than what's listed on the site now; and my rent increases each year have been minimal so I'm paying a few hundred a month under market price now.

You can also definitely find a cheaper apartment to live in by yourself if you're okay with small buildings, 6th floor walkups, and the like.

A lot of students live in Waterside Plaza and in Stuy Town. Most students share an apartment with at least one other person if not two or three roommates.

I personally live in a studio in Waterside. It was way cheaper when I was looking for my apartment than what's listed on the site now; and my rent increases each year have been minimal so I'm paying a few hundred a month under market price now.

You can also definitely find a cheaper apartment to live in by yourself if you're okay with small buildings, 6th floor walkups, and the like.
I will look into those places! Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi i have also been accepted to NYU , struggling to make both ends meet , would you mind telling me what is the lower end would i be paying if i live on the waterside or another cheaper area , though I live in NJ but I don't think it makes sense for me to commute

Hi i have also been accepted to NYU , struggling to make both ends meet , would you mind telling me what is the lower end would i be paying if i live on the waterside or another cheaper area , though I live in NJ but I don't think it makes sense for me to commute

Prepare to pay at least 1500/month. You get loans, part of which get disbursed into your bank account so you can use that for rent and living expenses. Adds up to probably around 2800 or so a month, when all is said and done.

Also, as a full time student, you are 100% eligible for Medicaid. So get that and don't bother paying the several thousand a year for school insurance.

Reactions: 1 user
welcome to the most expensive city in america. (i was gonna say in the world in my clarkson accent, but unfortunately thats not true.)