Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2015
Tucson
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hello everyone,

I am currently in my second year of pharmacy school, graduating in May of 2019. I am interested in pursing an MD after graduation. I have a meeting with the admissions office next week about what steps to take and the enrollment process but I'd like to hear your experiences. Any feedback is welcome (things to look for in a school, things to avoid, the good, the bad, the ugly, I want to hear it all!). Also, I am curious if there are any other professionals on here that have gone this route. I feel that having a pharmD will give me some preparation for medical school, and somewhat of an edge in the admissions process. I have my bachelors in chemistry if anyone is curious.

I look forward to everyone's responses!

Thank you!

Ismet

PGY-almost done!
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Moving to pre-allopathic forum

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
You will need all the usual stats and accomplishments and a good rationale for the switch.
A period of time in which you have actually worked with your degree will make you a more desirable candidate.

Reactions: Goro

jqueb29

7+ Year Member
May 4, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I've got a couple guys in my class who were pharmacists for 1-2 years before med school. They felt they definitely had an edge in pharmacology in med school but pharmacology is just one little piece of the big puzzle so they didn't feel they had any real big edge overall

Jun 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am currently in my second year of pharmacy school, graduating in May of 2019. I am interested in pursing an MD after graduation. I have a meeting with the admissions office next week about what steps to take and the enrollment process but I'd like to hear your experiences. Any feedback is welcome (things to look for in a school, things to avoid, the good, the bad, the ugly, I want to hear it all!). Also, I am curious if there are any other professionals on here that have gone this route. I feel that having a pharmD will give me some preparation for medical school, and somewhat of an edge in the admissions process. I have my bachelors in chemistry if anyone is curious.

I look forward to everyone's responses!

Thank you!
hey
what did you decide ?
Im in a similar boat

Status
Not open for further replies.