Current PharmD student interested in future MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam621

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently in my second year of pharmacy school, graduating in May of 2019. I am interested in pursing an MD after graduation. I have a meeting with the admissions office next week about what steps to take and the enrollment process but I'd like to hear your experiences. Any feedback is welcome (things to look for in a school, things to avoid, the good, the bad, the ugly, I want to hear it all!). Also, I am curious if there are any other professionals on here that have gone this route. I feel that having a pharmD will give me some preparation for medical school, and somewhat of an edge in the admissions process. I have my bachelors in chemistry if anyone is curious.

I look forward to everyone's responses!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got a couple guys in my class who were pharmacists for 1-2 years before med school. They felt they definitely had an edge in pharmacology in med school but pharmacology is just one little piece of the big puzzle so they didn't feel they had any real big edge overall

Hello everyone,

I am currently in my second year of pharmacy school, graduating in May of 2019. I am interested in pursing an MD after graduation. I have a meeting with the admissions office next week about what steps to take and the enrollment process but I'd like to hear your experiences. Any feedback is welcome (things to look for in a school, things to avoid, the good, the bad, the ugly, I want to hear it all!). Also, I am curious if there are any other professionals on here that have gone this route. I feel that having a pharmD will give me some preparation for medical school, and somewhat of an edge in the admissions process. I have my bachelors in chemistry if anyone is curious.

I look forward to everyone's responses!

Thank you!

hey
what did you decide ?
Im in a similar boat

Status
Not open for further replies.