Aug 23, 2016
First of all, a sincere "thank you" to everyone who will post here. Your advice is very much appreciated!

cGPA: 3.17, sGPA: 2.94
MCAT: 519, 130/132/128/129
B.S. in Biology (graduated 2015)

--Work experience: 1000+ hrs ED scribe, 300 hrs clinical assistant for GI/PCP, 800+ hrs tutoring children with autism.
--EC: Very involved with church (10+ hrs/week, various leadership roles)
--Volunteering: repaired homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy, international mission trip (aiding churches, non-clinical), various soup kitchens/community projects
-- 1 non-science LOR, 1 science LOR

I am in a post-bacc program right now (mostly science courses, and doing well so far!), and it has a linkage to an osteopathic med school.

Any recommendations for expanding the list?

My only "requirement" is to stay as close as possible to the Northeast/East coast (I am happiest near the water!). Other than that, I prefer schools that emphasize primary care/underserved populations.

Applied:
LECOM
UNECOM
VCOM-VA
WVUSOM

Looking at:
CUSOM
TouroCOM-NY

Thanks again!

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
2+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
First of all, a sincere "thank you" to everyone who will post here. Your advice is very much appreciated!

--Work experience: 1000+ hrs ED scribe, 300 hrs clinical assistant for GI/PCP, 800+ hrs tutoring children with autism.
--Volunteering: repaired homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy, international mission trip (aiding churches, non-clinical), various soup kitchens/community projects

I am in a post-bacc program right now (mostly science courses, and doing well so far!), and it has a linkage to an osteopathic med school.

My only "requirement" is to stay as close as possible to the Northeast/East coast (I am happiest near the water!). Other than that, I prefer schools that emphasize primary care/underserved populations.

Applied:
LECOM
UNECOM
VCOM-VA
WVUSOM

Looking at:
CUSOM
TouroCOM-NY

Thanks again!
Wow nice MCAT score!

Reactions: kappuh

Cardboard101

2+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2015
Status
Medical Student
How are you doing in the postbac gpawise? Are your stats with postbac grades added in? The sGPA might get you autoscreened out of some schools.

wildcherry

7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical

Applied:
LECOM
UNECOM
VCOM-VA
WVUSOM

Looking at:
CUSOM
TouroCOM-NY

Thanks again!
Hey there, just wondering how things went for you.