Current SUNY Students - Equipment Purchasing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

curious5321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A couple of weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from SUNY giving all the details about the sessional dates, orientation dates, etc and with all this other information I was told that equipment order forms were going to be sent out in the near future and that students have to purchase their equipment by June 17th or something like that and it will be given to them at orientation. Is this the only time that first years are able to buy equipment? I am from Canada and still waiting to hear from waterloo and they usually send out their acceptances in June so I don't want to buy equipment too early.

Thanks
 
A couple of weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from SUNY giving all the details about the sessional dates, orientation dates, etc and with all this other information I was told that equipment order forms were going to be sent out in the near future and that students have to purchase their equipment by June 17th or something like that and it will be given to them at orientation. Is this the only time that first years are able to buy equipment? I am from Canada and still waiting to hear from waterloo and they usually send out their acceptances in June so I don't want to buy equipment too early.

Thanks

Call admissions and ask... that's about all you can do. It's definitely the easiest time to order since everyone else is ordering then so the cost is much less. I'm not sure if you can do an individual order for all the stuff you need after. Best to just ask student affairs/Dr. Johnston.
 
Did everyone get this letter? I'm attending SUNY in the fall and didn't receive anything!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember getting a packet about the optional summer classes... was that a different packet from the one you guys are talking about?
 
I'm also from Canada, but I only received a package with my I20 requirements, health care information, and equipment order forms. I haven't heard about the Summer option or any orientation information yet. I suppose I should call Admissions tomorrow. Does anyone know when the housing seminar is?
 
I'm also from Canada, but I only received a package with my I20 requirements, health care information, and equipment order forms. I haven't heard about the Summer option or any orientation information yet. I suppose I should call Admissions tomorrow. Does anyone know when the housing seminar is?

I haven't received this package of information yet. When did that come in the mail?
 
I'm also from Canada, but I only received a package with my I20 requirements, health care information, and equipment order forms. I haven't heard about the Summer option or any orientation information yet. I suppose I should call Admissions tomorrow. Does anyone know when the housing seminar is?

I haven't received this package of information yet. When did that come in the mail?
 
You guys need to fill out the questionare they sent you and return it back to SUNY by may 31th to RSVP for the housing day/seminar on Friday, July 13th. FRIDAY the 13th!!
 
I haven't received this package of information yet. When did that come in the mail?

I got it on Friday, May 4th. I didn't receive the housing questionnaire though. Thanks Luckyfool for the info. I'll definitely call SUNY tomorrow about not getting that.