Current USF COP Students ADVISE PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orgogram

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting my first year in August. I have a Bachelor's and applied a few years later than I had anticipated, but thats not relevant to my question or current dilemma, really. I scheduled a wedding (my wedding) on a Friday (Saturdays arent feasible due to cost). I scheduled it before I took the PCAT or applied to pharmacy school, but I now have class on Fridays. I'm not comfortable going in to it just thinking "I'll just have to miss that day" because I believe there are labs on Fridays and I don't want to miss if there is mandatory attendance and I just DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...

I have and am still thinking about rescheduling the wedding, but that comes with its own slew of issues...the venue booking years out, possibly a couple extra thousand (we dont have) to reschedule the photographer, the fact that the academic calendar for 2015-2016 isnt even available yet...

So to any or all USF COP students,
assuming the schedule does not change, what are the Friday courses like? Is there a lab? Could I potentially request an absence without making a fool of myself? And...is there a spring break? If so, when? What is a "service break?

I wish I could be excited about my wedding but it is just a source of stress right now. Any and all advice on how to handle or cope with this situation would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be starting my first year in August. I have a Bachelor's and applied a few years later than I had anticipated, but thats not relevant to my question or current dilemma, really. I scheduled a wedding (my wedding) on a Friday (Saturdays arent feasible due to cost). I scheduled it before I took the PCAT or applied to pharmacy school, but I now have class on Fridays. I'm not comfortable going in to it just thinking "I'll just have to miss that day" because I believe there are labs on Fridays and I don't want to miss if there is mandatory attendance and I just DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...

I have and am still thinking about rescheduling the wedding, but that comes with its own slew of issues...the venue booking years out, possibly a couple extra thousand (we dont have) to reschedule the photographer, the fact that the academic calendar for 2015-2016 isnt even available yet...

So to any or all USF COP students,
assuming the schedule does not change, what are the Friday courses like? Is there a lab? Could I potentially request an absence without making a fool of myself? And...is there a spring break? If so, when? What is a "service break?

I wish I could be excited about my wedding but it is just a source of stress right now. Any and all advice on how to handle or cope with this situation would be much appreciated.
I can't imagine a school that wouldn't let you miss one day for your own wedding given sufficient notice.

Your school will be fine with it. They will come up with something, I'm sure of it.