Currently applying to DPT programs with a low overall GPA but high pre-requisite GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mzaharenios

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a BFA in Computer Graphics with a 2.61 GPA. Over the last couple of years, I took my pre-requisites with a 3.73 GPA. According to PTCAS, the overall GPA is 2.87. Before applying, I had used a site calculating my overall GPA and thought it was closer to 3.0. However, from what I read on these forums, PTCAS tends to calculate the GPA slightly lower.

I am in the process of applying to DPT programs in NYC and was already denied by one school for not meeting the 3.0 GPA requirement. Would it be wise to continue applying to schools (3 more) or save some money and spend another year strengthening my application? Does it look bad to apply to schools multiple years in a row, or would it not affect my chances of acceptance in the future? I appreciate any help.

Additional stats:
GRE: 151 Verbal, 155 Quant, 4.0 Writing
Over 1600+ hours working in an outpatient clinic

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be wise to continue applying to schools (3 more) or save some money and spend another year strengthening my application?
Don't apply to schools that require GPA above yours. Some schools consider last 50-100 units only; you may be able to apply to those if they are on your list,
Does it look bad to apply to schools multiple years in a row, or would it not affect my chances of acceptance in the future?
Not bad at all. Will not affect your chance.