Currently rethinking undergrad fall semester courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kai_predent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the semester is about to start and we still have time to add/drop courses, and I'm rethinking my current (junior year) schedule:

Orgo
Intro Stats
Microbiology
Intro Sociology

I've already taken Calculus but I can't help but think Stats would be more useful-- but do you think it's worth taking, especially since I'm a junior and I could be allocating my last four semesters more wisely to other courses?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So the semester is about to start and we still have time to add/drop courses, and I'm rethinking my current (junior year) schedule:

Orgo
Intro Stats
Microbiology
Intro Sociology

I've already taken Calculus but I can't help but think Stats would be more useful-- but do you think it's worth taking, especially since I'm a junior and I could be allocating my last four semesters more wisely to other courses?

Thank you!
Your schedule seems fine, stats is a great class to have. I know a lot of graduate schools both medical and dental prefer stats. Stats is a class that is very useful and important in understanding data, and developing an onset of skills, especially with research and analyzing data. Take the class, you will not regret the amount of USEFUL information you will learn this semester and you will enjoy it. Im not a math person in the slightest, however I took stats and enjoyed it compared to other math classes, and learned more than any other math class. Plus it is not a lot of work either, its fairly simple, fun, and enjoyable.