Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Curriculum Vitae (Resume)???

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by movie098, Dec 23, 2008.

1. movie098

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi everyone, I noticed while applying that some pharmacy schools (Midwestern) requires a CV (resume) and on it they want you to list hobbies and non-academic interests, what kind of things do you think they are looking for? I mean I don't want to put down that I like to play videogames and go 4-wheeling...

Thank you,

movie098

2. Acid11

Acid11 I speak Chinglish
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    is that all you do? 4 wheelin and video games? anything besides that? you could probably put 4 wheeling as a hobby, but i would probably word that differently.
    for interests....well, for example, one of my interests include
    *appreciating modern architecture and design
    I believe they are looking for well-roundedness in you. I mean, having a little bit of outside activity/interest is always nice, and shows involvement and commitment.
    hopes this helps

3. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Call of Duty, World of Warcraft....

I was asked at my interview to, "Tell us about a time when you organized three or more people to work towards a common goal and what was the outcome?"

I told them I led a raid and cleared Blackwing Lair in under 2 hours and we killed Nef and I got my T2 robe!

just kidding.

4. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar
    Physician Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would say that I built a guild from scratch and managed it to become one of the most influential on the server in terms of people and progression. Although, that's when they tell me I haven't answered their question. lol

;)

5. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    I led 11 other fighters in a successful battle against the Horde, capturing the Stables, Gold Mine, Blacksmith, Farm and Lumber Mill at the same time!

6. bigpanda

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    for midwestern, i kept it simple w/ my hobbies, such as the sports i like to do and other interests such as cars, computers, etc. basically it was just a list of my hobbies and it was good enough to get accepted so i wouldn't worry about that part too much :D

7. diastole

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ha, if they only knew how hard it is to keep a viable guild going. Before I swore off MMOs forever, I was in a couple with lots of infighting and they did not end well. Mix a group of 13 to 60+ year olds, add in the anonymity of the Internet and a healthy dose of greed, and running a guild is tough. I value my sanity so I wouldn't even attempt it. Being an officer was enough. People who do it well have my admiration. I wouldn't admit to running a guild in an interview though. Somehow "I spend all my time playing videogames" doesn't seem like the answer they are looking for.

8. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    So threatening to /gkick them if they didn't let you in wouldn't work???? :laugh::(

9. LuckyLuke

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Does anyone know of any good sites that provide a sample CV/resume that would be appropriate for my secondary app to pharm school? I am applying to Midwestern and they require a CV on the secondary app. I have several resumes based on my engineering background, but those were specifically geared towards companies. I'm just looking for a template or sample to go off that would be ideal for pharm school. Thanks in advance! :)

10. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Running towards my future
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
  11. pdng

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i used UOP resume format with a little bit of modification for other schools

12. LuckyLuke

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Oh that sample template helped alot -- many thanks!! :thumbup:

13. Passion4Sci

Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It's /gremove, not /gkick.

Nerds.