• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

movie098

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone, I noticed while applying that some pharmacy schools (Midwestern) requires a CV (resume) and on it they want you to list hobbies and non-academic interests, what kind of things do you think they are looking for? I mean I don't want to put down that I like to play videogames and go 4-wheeling...

Thank you,

movie098

Acid11

I speak Chinglish
10+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
is that all you do? 4 wheelin and video games? anything besides that? you could probably put 4 wheeling as a hobby, but i would probably word that differently.
for interests....well, for example, one of my interests include
*appreciating modern architecture and design
I believe they are looking for well-roundedness in you. I mean, having a little bit of outside activity/interest is always nice, and shows involvement and commitment.
hopes this helps

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Call of Duty, World of Warcraft....

I was asked at my interview to, "Tell us about a time when you organized three or more people to work towards a common goal and what was the outcome?"

I told them I led a raid and cleared Blackwing Lair in under 2 hours and we killed Nef and I got my T2 robe!

just kidding.

About the Ads

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Call of Duty, World of Warcraft....

I was asked at my interview to, "Tell us about a time when you organized three or more people to work towards a common goal and what was the outcome?"

I told them I led a raid and cleared Blackwing Lair in under 2 hours and we killed Nef and I got my T2 robe!

just kidding.

I would say that I built a guild from scratch and managed it to become one of the most influential on the server in terms of people and progression. Although, that's when they tell me I haven't answered their question. lol

;)

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I would say that I built a guild from scratch and managed it to become one of the most influential on the server in terms of people and progression. Although, that's when they tell me I haven't answered their question. lol

;)

I led 11 other fighters in a successful battle against the Horde, capturing the Stables, Gold Mine, Blacksmith, Farm and Lumber Mill at the same time!

bigpanda

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Orange County, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
for midwestern, i kept it simple w/ my hobbies, such as the sports i like to do and other interests such as cars, computers, etc. basically it was just a list of my hobbies and it was good enough to get accepted so i wouldn't worry about that part too much :D

diastole

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist

;)

Ha, if they only knew how hard it is to keep a viable guild going. Before I swore off MMOs forever, I was in a couple with lots of infighting and they did not end well. Mix a group of 13 to 60+ year olds, add in the anonymity of the Internet and a healthy dose of greed, and running a guild is tough. I value my sanity so I wouldn't even attempt it. Being an officer was enough. People who do it well have my admiration. I wouldn't admit to running a guild in an interview though. Somehow "I spend all my time playing videogames" doesn't seem like the answer they are looking for.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Ha, if they only knew how hard it is to keep a viable guild going. Before I swore off MMOs forever, I was in a couple with lots of infighting and they did not end well. Mix a group of 13 to 60+ year olds, add in the anonymity of the Internet and a healthy dose of greed, and running a guild is tough. I value my sanity so I wouldn't even attempt it. Being an officer was enough. People who do it well have my admiration. I wouldn't admit to running a guild in an interview though. Somehow "I spend all my time playing videogames" doesn't seem like the answer they are looking for.

So threatening to /gkick them if they didn't let you in wouldn't work???? :laugh::(

LuckyLuke

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Does anyone know of any good sites that provide a sample CV/resume that would be appropriate for my secondary app to pharm school? I am applying to Midwestern and they require a CV on the secondary app. I have several resumes based on my engineering background, but those were specifically geared towards companies. I'm just looking for a template or sample to go off that would be ideal for pharm school. Thanks in advance! :)

pdng

10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i used UOP resume format with a little bit of modification for other schools

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.