Curve in April?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about what kind of curve there will be in April.

I feel like everyone who "isn't ready" changed their April dates. Do you think this will create a bad curve because only the people getting high scores will be taking the April MCAT?

I duno might be a dumb question.

Members don't see this ad.

Statistically speaking........ The highest percentage of test takers ( in population) will score 24-26 range.

PS. Can anyone ever feel completly ready? Ive studied longer than most, my scores are so so still and I dont feel ready. My .02

This question has me thinking (when i should be studying)... I can see two opposite ways to look at it:

Positive: Those who are taking it in april will not have the prep time the later people will have, and there is only so much preparation one can do in a limited amount of time so raw scores will be lower which equals higher scale scores (ie 1-15)! The after april people will have an influx of super prepared test-takers, raw scores will be higher = lower scaled scores.

Negative: Those who procrastinated are habitual procrastinators and will do just as cruddy after april as they would in april, thus lowering raw scores and increasing scaled scores.

Solution: Hire as many homeless people as you can to take the test in april to lower raw score averages and make our raw scores look better by comparison (assuming the average bum will score lower then the average premed) :D

ILPsychdoc,

Funny, your positive/negative is exactly what i was thinking.

Ok, so everyone have their non premeds take the mcat in april. If it didnt cost so much to sit for the test I would actually consider this haha.